Part 62

Ananya's P.O.V.

I woke up and decided to take a stroll in the garden once more before we leave. As I stepped out of my room, something obstructed my way and demanded my attention. On the ground, was a black wallet laying. I picked it up and observed it. "Whose wallet can this be?" I asked myself. I looked at it from the front and back and tried to remember if I saw it before but nothing was coming to my mind. "Should I open it?" I asked myself. "But that would be wrong," I said, "But that's also the only way to find the owner." I hesitated a bit and opened it. I looked at the passport sized picture in it and immediately knew the owner. I went straight to Avinash's room and knocked on his door. There was no answer. I knocked again but the same happened. As I raised my hand to knock again, a lady came and said, "Mr. Avinash has left." I looked at her confused and said, "Left?" "Yes, he left very early this morning," she said. "Thank you," I said. She left. "Avinash left without telling anyone anything? And he also left his wallet!" I said. I sighed. After my brief, last stroll in the garden, Dad came to me and said that we were ready to leave. Both of us walked outside and stood at the car, waiting with Uncle Zeeshan for Arohi and Deep to come. Dad and Uncle Zeeshan were conversing and I stood and looked at the wallet in my hand. "I think that it is best for Deep to give Avinash his wallet. I don't want to have anything to do with him. As soon as Deep comes out, I will give him to return it to Avinash," I said in my head. We waited a few minutes and then they came out together. Approaching us, Deep asked, "Shall we leave?" "Avinash isn't here yet," Uncle Zeeshan said. As I was about to tell him that Avinash left already, Deep said, "It's ok Uncle. Avinash left already." "Ok, let's go then," he said. "Ananya, Arohi, sit down," Dad said. "Dad, I will come with you," I said. "But Ananya..." he started but I stopped him requesting, "Please!" Nodding, he said, "Fine." He turned to Arohi and asked, "Who are you coming with?" Arohi looked at Deep and then back at Dad and said, "I think I will come back with Deep sir. Your car will be filled if I come with you."

"That's fine," Dad said. Deep went and sat down behind the steering wheel of his jeep and Arohi sat in the passenger's seat. Uncle Zeeshan and Dad also sat down. I looked at the wallet in my hand and then back at Deep's jeep. "Ananya, come," Dad called me. I sat down inside. I guess, I'll just give Deep once we reach back. Deep drove off in front of us and we followed behind.

Deep's P.O.V.

We left and I drove in front. Arohi was with me and we were alone. She looked outside the window silently. "What are you thinking?" I asked. "I'm sleepy," she said. "Then take a nap," I said. "I'm not feeling like sleeping," she said. "But you now said that you're sleepy," I said. "But I don't want to sleep. I have only this time with you. Once we get back, I have to begin packing," she said. "Then what do you want to do to make this few hours memorable?" I asked. She sealed her lips and began thinking. I shook my head and drove. Snapping her fingers, she said, "Idea!" "What?" I asked. "I want to drive!" she said grinning excitedly. I looked at her with a frown and said, "Drive? No, I can't let you. You can't handle a jeep as yet." "Oh come on! I just want to practice!" she said. "Arohi, no!" I said sternly. She pouted and sat down annoyed. I felt guilty and rolled my eyes, sighing. "Ok, fine! But only for five minutes," I said. She smiled and said, "Ok!" I slowed down the jeep and stopped. My bodyguard who was driving the car behind stopped and I took out my phone. I called him and said, "You guys go in front. I'll follow." "Sure sir," he said. He pulled in front of me and drove off. "Come," I said and got out. I walked around the car and went to the passenger's seat. Arohi had already jumped across to the driver's seat. I sat down and wore my seatbelt. She held the steering and asked, "Now?" "You don't know the ABC of driving a jeep, don't you?" I asked. She shook her head. I pointed to her feet and said, "The right side is the gas. When you mash it, the jeep will drive. But don't press on it as if you are driving a car. This is a bit more harder. The middle is the brakes." "And the left?" she asked. "You don't have to know about that," I said. "Ok, next?" she asked. "Do you know how to change the gear?" I asked. She nodded. "Then change it!" I said. She placed the gear on D for drive. I held her hand left hand and held onto the handbrake. I pushed it down and the jeep began to move slowly. "Hold the steering very tightly because it's going to pull on you and concentrate," I said. She removed her hand from under mine and held the steering as the jeep moved very slowly. "Mash the gas," I said.