Hiding gifts and a distraction

After shopping, they all went home. Shasha hid the stuff that she bought behind her back and sneaked into the house, hoping that Nina wasn't anywhere around. She snuck in and tiptoed across the living room towards the stairs. Nina was in her study, doing some office work on her computer.
Shasha slowly walked up the stairs, towards the room. Suddenly, she was startled by someone.
"Hey Shasha!" called Anna, coming out of the dining room. "Where did you go?"
"Shhhh I bought a gift for Nina," said Shasha in a low voice. "Cover for me, I need to hide it."
"Who is it, Anna?" asked Nina from the study. "Who are you talking to?"
"Uhh nobody?" said Anna. "Just Shasha. She just came in."
"Oh okay," said Nina, typing away on her keyboard. "Tell her I said hi."
"Go go!" said Anna, urging Shasha to quickly go up to her room and hide the gift. "I'll distract her!"
Shasha ran up the steps and went to her room. She hid the stuff under her bed, planning to wrap them later. She heaved a sigh of relief and went down to meet Anna.
"So what do you buy her?" asked Anna. "I bought her a nice new catsuit."
"Sweet," said Shasha. "I bought her some shiny new boots! And also a waist pouch."
"She likes those things," said Anna. "She always carried stuff on her waist, mainly assassin's tools."
"Wow..." said Shasha. "Yeah I almost forgot that she was an assassin."
"Are you guys talking about me?" asked Nina, leaving the study after switching off the lights and closing the door. "Who else here was an assassin besides me and Anna?"
"Umm..." said Anna, trying to think of a way to answer her.
"Uhhh..." said Shasha, also unable to answer.
Lucky for them, the guys came in from their outing. They went out to buy gifts for Nina too. They froze when they saw Nina standing in front of her study door. Anna and Shasha noticed this and tried to distract Nina.
"Hey Nina!" said Anna, suddenly. "Wanna have some... juice?"
"Juice?" asked Nina, confused. "Why do you want juice on a cold winter day?"
"I don't know," said Anna. "Maybe hot juice?"
"Eww," said Nina, disgusted at the thought of hot juice. "If you meant hot cocoa or hot coffee, that would've been fine. But hot JUICE?"
"Uhh I think she meant hot jacuzzi," said Shasha, trying to think of a way to make things right. "Right Anna?"
"Yes yes that's what I meant," said Anna, after getting a light nudge from Shasha. "I meant hot JACUZZI, not hot JUICE..."
"Yeah sure," said Nina. "But then again, it would be super cold when we leave the hot tub."
"Yeah," said Anna. "So hot juice?"
"Anna..." said Shasha. "You really wanna drink hot juice?"
"Actually now that I think about it..." said Anna, a little disgusted by the thought of drinking hot juice. "I think I'll have a nice hot coffee instead."
Despite the girls distracting Nina as much as they can, Steve and his father, Adam were just standing there, staring at them, amused. Shasha saw them and waved for them to go.
"Go!" she whisper shouted. "What are you waiting for? An invitation?"
"Oh yeah," said Steve, and pulled Adam up the stairs.
Shasha just rolled her eyes. They could've messed up real bad.
"Anna, lets just make the hot drinks," said Nina, annoyed. "Hot tea for me. Ask the guys if they want anything."
"Okay I'll go and ask them," said Shasha. "You two go ahead."
She ran up the stairs to the guys' room. The door was open so she just went in.
"Oi you two could've seriously ruined the surprise," said Shasha, shaking her head. "We were trying so hard to distract them and you what? Watch us?"
"Yeah we got a little carried away there, didn't we?" said Adam. "Anyway, I got her a wedding dress."
"Seriously dad?" said Steve, annoyed. "It's so obvious that you're lying..."
"Okay fine I bought her a nice purple sequin cocktail dress," said Adam. "It looks really good. I'm sure she'll look good in it."
"You bet she will!" said Steve. "She'll look stunning in literally everything."
"Yeah I have to agree with that," said Shasha. "Anyway, what do you guys wanna drink? Anna and Nina are making some hot drinks."
"Uh I think I'll have a cup of milk tea," said Steve. "You dad?"
"I think I'll have a hot cocoa," said Adam. "I don't wanna drink coffee. I won't be able to sleep later."
"Yeah same," said Shasha, leaving the room. "So it's a hot cocoa and a milk tea. Got it."
She went downstairs and told Nina and Anna about the drinks. After that, all five of them sat together in the living room while sipping their drinks.
"You know, I just need I break now," said Nina. "What with those Claudio things happening and stuff..."
"Yeah same," said Steve. "That was awful, glad that's over. But it was really exciting."
"Yeah and scary too," said Adam. "We had to wear those pointy looking plague doctor masks and go around."
"You know I actually had a nightmare that night," said Nina. "I dreamt that one of the marksmen carried me up those marble stairs and brought me into a creepy room, with Claudio following close behind."
"He had this evil smile on his face," continued Nina after taking a sip of her tea. "The marksman put me on a altar-like table with candles and stuff. Claudio waited outside for the marksman. It was really creepy..."
"Umm Nina?" said Adam suddenly. "That was me. I'm the one that carried you. I laid you on your bed. Not on an altar."
"Also, I was the one that followed dad and waited for him outside your room," said Steve. "How did I become Claudio?"
"Steve, like I said," said Anna. "He looks almost exactly like you."
"Yeah whatever," said Steve, annoyed. "But how come you always get nightmares only when dad carries you?"
"I have no idea," said Nina with a shrug. "First time I dreamt that I was getting kidnapped by the hooded stalker, and now this."
"That's kinda offensive," said Adam. "Was I really that creepy back in Yakushima?"
"Yes you were," said Shasha, drinking her hot cocoa. "You gave me paranoia..."
"You gave all of us paranoia," said Anna. "You even tripped me when Lili and I almost caught you near that boutique..."
"Yeah sorry about that," said Adam, sheepishly. "I shouldn't have done that."
"But then again, that was some grand entrance," said Steve. "It was bad, but yeah."
"I'm sure your diary was super long that day," said Nina. "Mine ran until five pages!"
"Yeah mine went until ten," said Adam. "It's a good thing I brought an extra diary."
"I wish we were still in Yakushima," said Shasha with a sigh. "That place was amazing..."
"Yeah..." said Anna, sipping her coffee. "I wish we were still there..."