Persuading the receptionist

Hwoarang POV
I let Steve do the talking while I just stand there. Well, I actually have no idea what to say to the receptionist, and I doubt that Steve does too. But hey, now it's his problem, not mine.
We walk up to the receptionist and Steve starts talking in a very official voice. Wait, is he trying to sound American? He sounds super weird, especially because his British accent kept kicking in. I tried really hard not to laugh.
"We would like to see Mr Gordo," said Steve to the receptionist. "It has something to do with... business."
At that moment, I failed trying to hold my laughter. I quickly turned it into a sneeze and started rubbing my nose as if it felt itchy.
Steve stared at me but I ignored him and went over to the waiting area where there were a few armchairs to excuse myself from the 'sneezing' episode.
I sat on one of the armchairs and decided to just wait for Steve to finish the talking. Yeah I know. I'm a bad mission partner. Sorry Steve...
Steve was taking an unusually long time so I decided to see what was on the coffee table. There were a few issues of the RefreshiGordo magazines and catalogues. This place has their own magazines? Lets just see what's going on inside it.
I picked one up and studied the cover. There was a zoomed-in picture of a soda can and the tittle was RefreshiGoodness!
Kind of a lame name but okay.
I opened it and there was an article on the first page, right behind the cover. It was kinda like the biography of this place.
So I started reading it because Steve was taking forever to finish talking with the receptionist.
It was a really boring article about how this place used to belong to Eddy's father and how he was killed by someone and Eddy took over a few years later. It went on to explain how Eddy only managed to inherit this place only years after his parents' death. Boring stuff...
There was a picture of a model drinking a can of soda with her hair flying. I thought it was a shampoo ad at first but it turned out to be an ad for a newly released soda flavour or something.
Wait isn't that Christie? Since when did she become a model?
The magazine was boring so I just put it away. I turned to look at the receptionist desk to see if Steve was still there and there he was, still talking. How long is he gonna take?
I was gonna pick another magazine but something else caught my attention. It was a newspaper. But what's unusual about it was the date on it. It was dated back thirteen years ago.
I picked it up to see why.
The headline was the obvious reason for it. It was the day that Eddy's parents were killed at their home. It's also stated that 19-year-old Eddy had confessed to the murder and had been jailed.
But I heard Jin say that his father, Luiz Gordo, was working on destroying a drug business. What did the CEO of a well known beverage company had to do with destroying a drug business? Something doesn't fit well here.
"Oi!" Someone shouted, clapping me on my shoulder so hard. It was Steve.
I look up and stand, dropping the paper back on the table.
"Real helpful, you were back there," said Steve, disappointed and annoyed. "You could've at least stood there, but no! You're just sitting here and reading a newspaper like some old guy!"
"Hey sorry about that, Steve," I said, picking the newspaper back up to show him. "I was reading this paper, here take a look at this. It's the story of when Eddy's parents were killed!"
"Well why do we have to know that?" Steve asked. "I'm pretty sure everyone already knows it and it's probably up in the internet too. Just put it away, the receptionist allowed us to see Eddy. Come on."
He turned and started walking towards down a hallway. I quickly slipped the newspaper under my coat and follow him into the elevator that he's holding for me. It was a good thing that we were the only ones in the elevator so we are free to talk and do whatever we want.
"So what took you so long?" I asked Steve. "You took like forever! What did you say to convince the receptionist?"
"Don't ask," said Steve with an annoyed look. "It took a lot of persuading to get her to allow us. She even asked for my ID!"
"She did?" I asked, shocked. "What did you do?"
"I showed her my fake ID," said Steve, triumphantly showing his ID card. "I'm not Steve Fox, call me Dean Earwicker."
"You sly Fox!" I said, snatching the card from him. "How did you do this?"
"With the help of Jin," said Steve. "Everyone at my place has one you know?"
"Can I have one too?" I asked. "Please?"
"Deal with Jin," said Steve, taking his card back. "I'm not the owner of the Zaibatsu."
"Right..." I said. "So I have to ask Kazama about it, huh?"
"Yep," said Steve. "Wait, the lift is opening."
The lift opened and someone walked in. We kept quiet and decided that it wasn't a good idea to talk when someone else was here.
Eddy's office was apparently in the 30th floor. We waited for the elevator to go there, but it took longer than it usually would because many people were using the elevator and we had to stop in practically every floor.
But when we reached the 25th floor, we were alone again.
"Finally, alone!" I said, leaning back on the metal bar. "I thought they'd never leave."
"One of them even farted in my face," said Steve, a little disgusted. "He didn't even bother to say excuse me!"
"Oh so that's why the place started becoming stinky all of a sudden," I said, finally realising. "To be honest, I thought it was you."
Steve started staring at me with an annoyed look and I started laughing at him. My laugh was pretty loud. I continued laughing, holding the metal bar for support so that I don't fall or anything.
I was laughing so hard and didn't notice that we were already at the 30th floor and the elevator had already opened. There were people waiting to use the elevator and I was just there, laughing for no apparent reason.
I stopped laughing and straighten my tie and cleared my throat.
Okay I'm screwed.