Gadget lab and weaponry tour

Meanwhile at the Mishima Zaibatsu, Nina was interrogating Jin about Rina's birthday.
"So," Nina said as she sat in front of Jin like an interrogator. "When is Rina's birthday again?"
"I'm not quite sure," said Jin, trying to get out of this. "I think it's next month, on the twenty fifth."
"I see," said Nina. "So what are you gonna do for her?"
"I'll... have to discuss about that," said Jin. "We can throw her a party."
"Let me see..." said Nina. "Who's birthday is the closest to today..."
"Umm..." said Jin. "Not so sure. Why don't you check the files?"
"Okay I will," said Nina and went back to her office. "I'll see who's birthday is the closest."
She left the room and Jin heaved a sigh of relief. He called the others, besides Nina, to his office. Jin just sat there, with his hands on his forehead.
"I can't believe that Nina could be like this," said Jin, looking up when they sat down. "She was asking me who's birthday is the closest to today."
"What did you say?" Steve asked. "You didn't give the game away right?"
"No I didn't," said Jin with a smirk. "I just asked her to check the files for the answer."
"Good thing," said Anna. "Nina can be really pushy sometimes..."
"And if she ask you if you remember her birthday, just say no," said Adam. "Or tell the wrong answer on purpose."
"I'm guessing that's what you did," said Jin. "I can imagine you saying that."
"Yes I did," said Adam. "Then she started eavesdropping on our conversation! It's a good thing we didn't speak much, and only spoke in extra low voices."
"Wow..." said Jin. "But yeah, Nina's the sort who'd do that."
"Yes," said Anna. "She'd always do that when we were younger. I'll be trying to do something behind her back, and she'd always sneak and try to see what I was doing."
"Should we kidnap her like what she did to me during college?" Adam asked. "It would be fun, and also like a revenge plan for what she did to me."
"Seriously Dad?" Steve asked, annoyed. "You think it'll work? She'd probably kill everyone who try to kidnap her! So in short, it's a bad idea."
"Fine..." said Adam. "So it's during work?"
"Yes," said Jin. "I've made preparations for it."
"Good," said Anna. "We'll come over to decorate after work on Wednesday."
"Yes that would be great," said Jin, pointing to the seated Xiaoyu. "Xiao will help you."
"Did I just hear my name?" Xiaoyu asked, looking up from her phone, sitting on one of the chairs at the side of the office. "Did you call me, Jin?"
"Not really," said Jin. "But you have to help them to decorate the dining hall for Nina's birthday."
"Ohh really?" Xiaoyu said, cheerfully. "Of course I will! Can Panda come too?"
"Sure she can," said Anna. "As long as she doesn't mess up, you're good."
"Oh no she won't," said Xiaoyu. "She'll help us to decorate!"
"The more the merrier," said Adam. "The place is gonna look awesome!"
"Which place would look awesome?" Nina asked, suddenly entering the room with some paperwork. "And what are all of you guys talking about?"
"About..." said Steve, thinking. "About about about about..."
He glanced at the others for help. They just shrugged, leaving him to think of an answer by himself.
"Oh what's that place called again?" Steve said when no one bothered to help him. "What is it called again, Jin?"
"It's the Gadget laboratory and weaponry," Jin said the first thing that came into his mind. "It's in the basement, in B3. We were just talking about visiting later."
"Really?" Nina said. "I've never been to it, can I come too?"
"Yeah sure," said Jin, glad that he managed to change the subject. "We can go now."
They all cheered and Jin regretted saying that. He was thinking about all the work he could get done during the time that they were gonna spend in the gadget lab.
Nina was admiring the weapons in the weapon lab. She mostly wanted to test them out, so they just left her and went outside to discuss, leaving Adam behind to distract her.
"Alright now we can discuss in peace," said Anna. "Jin, you've made the arrangements right?"
"Yes I have," said Jin with a nod. "I'll have the supplies sent to the dining hall tomorrow. My moms will come too."
"Great," said Steve. "I know that auntie Jun is very creative. She can be a great help."
"And having two of her would be great," said Anna. "Thanks Jin."
"It's the least I can do for Nina," said Jin with a smile. "She is a great person."
"Who?" Nina's voice suddenly came. "Who's a great person?"
"Xiaoyu," Jin quickly said. "She's a great girlfriend."
"Oh right," said Nina. "Yeah she really is a great person, I agree."
Adam started snickering behind Nina. He got a warning glance from Steve and quickly stopped. Anna silently laughed without Nina's knowledge.
They went back to their offices and started working.
Meanwhile, Shasha and Ella were in class, showing the evidence they collected to their trainer.
"You two even collected fingerprint samples?" Their trainer asked. "This is great! So far, only two pairs have taken fingerprints, only Shasha and Ella, and Ash and Penelope. Good job."
"Thanks Miss Angus," said the four of them in unison.
"Guess we're the only ones who are smart enough for this," said Ash, when they were going back to their desks."
"Well at least we got a compliment," said Penelope. "Can't believe that no one thought of it..."
"I know right," said Shasha. "Come on guys, lets go back to our place."
They did and suddenly Shasha received a message in the group they made to discuss Nina's birthday.
Jin: Decoration for the dining hall on Wednesday
Adam: Aight
Steve: Great
Shasha: Yass
Anna: Excellent
Jin: I think Lee just spread the excellent disease to you
Jin: Must be some kinda virus
Jin: I better wear a mask when I'm around him
Steve: AHAHAHAHAHA
Shasha: 🤣🤣🤣
Adam: That's literally the first thing he said when I first met him
Anna: It's not funny, guys
Steve: It is
Shasha: U noe
Shasha: Since my mom became friends with him
Shasha: She refers to him as excellent
Jin: Dad calls him that too
Steve: Oh yeah
Adam: What is it?
Steve: I almost forgot that you two united
Steve: Or else by now either one of you would be
Jin: We would be what?
Steve: DOWN THE VOLCANO
Jin: Very funny...
Jin: But I can't agree more
Anna: 🔥🔥
"Oi put the phone away," Ella whispered suddenly. "Miss Angus is explaining something. One look at the phone, and it's bye-bye forever!"
"Whoops," said Shasha and quickly put the phone away in her pocket. "Thanks for the warning."
The class went on and soon it was time to go home. Shasha asked Ella if she wanted to come over to Nina's.
"You wanna come over?" Shasha asked. "The others would only come back in about an hour or so."
"Sure I will," said Ella. "As long as they don't scream when they see me..."