The aftermath

They drove home and took Anna up to her room. They laid her on her bed, and she started snoring.
"She's dead drunk," said Steve. "She probably won't even remember all the mayhem she did in the club..."
"I know right..." said Shasha. "It was a good thing you and Nina didn't get drunk. If you did, then Adam and I would have had a very VERY hard time bringing you back..."
"Yeah I can imagine..." said Steve. "But I guess it would be worse if dad was the drunk one..."
"Oh my gosh no!" Shasha said, thinking about it. "He's already drunk, even though sober. He'd be even worse if he was drunk, DRUNK! It's a good thing he doesn't drink..."
"Yeah a very good thing..." said Steve. "Come on, lets see what mom and dad are doing."
They went down and found them just sitting around. Nina was sitting on the couch and laughing at something on her phone.
"What are you watching?" Shasha asked, peeking at Nina's phone. "Wait... is that us?"
"Yep it is," said Nina, showing the video to the others. "I took a video of Anna's drunkness!"
They watched it and it was really funny. It wasn't that funny before, but it certainly was now!
"I recorded her singing Sparking and Black Winter Night Sky in the car too," Shasha said and took out her phone. "Listen to this!"
They heard it and it was really funny. Nina was laughing so hard that she fell off the sofa.
"Oh my gosh she sounds like a... like a... rotten egg!" Nina said between laughter. "Oh my gosh! I can't!"
"Rotten egg..." Shasha repeated and started laughing at Nina. "Seriously how does that even work?"
"I don't know but it does!" Nina said. "Anyway, what time is it?"
"It's midnight," said Adam. "Yeah I'm gonna go to bed. See ya!"
"I think we should go to bed too," said Shasha. "Well, I am, so good night!"
She went up to her room, leaving only Nina and her son.
"You wanna go and sleep too?" Nina asked. "Well I'm bored. Wanna watch tv?"
"Seriously mom?" Steve asked. "I'm too tired, I'm gonna sleep. Peace!"
He went up the stairs, leaving Nina behind.
"Oh well," Nina said. "I think I'll just sit here alone then."
She turned on the tv and watched a movie.
"Seriously though," Nina thought. "Why do they show all the best movies only in the dead of night? When it's daytime, it's mostly the trash movies..."
She watched, and then the room suddenly started getting chilly.
"Brrr....." Nina shivered. "What's going on?"
She checked the heater and found that it wasn't working.
"Oh great," Nina said with a groan. "Of all times, it decided to spoil now? During winter?"
She turned on the electric fireplace and went to bed. The electric fireplace won't really heat the room as efficiently as the heater.
"I think I'll call the HVAC company tomorrow..." said Nina, turning the tv and the fireplace off.
She went up to her room and went to sleep. The next morning, they all went down for breakfast and found the place freezing cold.
"Can s-someone turn on the h-heater?" Shasha said through clattering teeth.
"It broke down," Nina said, turning the electric fireplace on. "This isn't as effective, but yeah..."
"It's so cold..." Anna said. "Nina, what did you do? Also I'm having a terrible headache..."
The others started laughing at her as they remembered her drunk episode last night.
"Well... good luck with the hangover," Steve said with a laugh. "Shasha and I had to carry you to the car as you were singing Black Winter Night Sky..."
"Wait what?" Anna asked, shocked. "What happened last night?"
Nina took out her phone and showed her. Anna looked at it in horror.
"Oh my gosh..." Anna said, watching in horror. "I actually did that? What made me think I was the 'Legendary Master of Zui Quan'?"
"I have no idea," said Nina. "Wait there's more..."
"Am I pretending to be Lei?" She asked again. "Oh no... this was in public too... hope no one saw it... my reputation is ruined."
"Everybody saw it..." said Adam. "But they didn't really think much. I hope..."
"Oh no..." said Anna, groaning. "My reputation is gonna be tarnished!"
"Actually no," said Steve. "Because there was this Afro guy dancing 70's moves and took all the attention."
"Phew that's a relief," said Anna. "Did he take everyone's attention?"
"I guess he did," said Shasha. "He definitely took mine for a while."
"Anyway, we managed to drag you out in time," said Nina. "Everyone were watching him on the dance floor while we were gonna leave..."
"Oh wait I have one too," said Shasha, taking out her phone. "This was your episode in the car..."
She played the video. It was the video of her singing Sparking in the car.
"Oh no!" Anna said, clutching her head. "This is just making my headache even worse!"
"Here, drink water..." Nina said, pouring a glass of water for her. "You need to rehydrate."
"Thanks," Anna said, taking the glass. "Yeah that feels good..."
"I read somewhere that eating on orange helps," said Shasha, handing a mandarin orange from the fridge to Anna and getting one for herself. "Here, have one, or maybe even two..."
"Well since our main breakfast chef is... hanging over, I think it's best we take matters into our own hands..." said Steve. "Anyone up for some bacon and eggs?"
"Yes!" Everyone besides Anna exclaimed.
"You're gonna cook it right?" Adam said.
"Yep," said Steve. "But you're helping too."
"Urgh fine..." said Adam. "I'll help."
"So I guess we're free to go then," said Shasha. "See ya!"
They went to the hall, with Anna. Anna was still eating the orange.
"Yeah I feel better," said Anna. "So what's up with the heater?"
"Broken," said Shasha. "Something happened last night..."
"I'll call the HVAC company later..." said Nina. "Of all times, it decided to break during winter?"
"Winter Night Sky," said Shasha, jokingly.
"Yeah very funny," said Anna. "So I guess it's fireplace till then?"
"Yep," said Nina.
Just then the guys were already done making breakfast. They came and served it on the dining table.
"This is good," said Nina, eating. "I think you guys should do this more often!"
"Yeah okay," said Steve. "We'll try."
Anna shook her head doubtfully, indicating that it ain't gonna last long.