Investigative Journalism talk

The next day was another day for Shasha to go to school. Claudio had already left, declaring that the school was free of any evil spirits. Well, even if the yurei wasn't real, he still did catch the spirit of the first ever principal in that school.
The school meant a lot to her because she was the first principal and that was her last school before she retired. What made it worse was she died on her retirement day more than forty years ago.
Claudio put her soul to rest, sending her on her way to the afterlife.
Everyone were relieved, especially the night-shift guards. They were glad that the yurei they saw was no longer there.
Ella was relieved too. Her family was quite conservative in terms of religion and superstition. When she heard that there was a restless spirit lurking around the school, she panicked!
They went on with their classes when the teacher announced that they have to go to the hall.
So stuffing her novel into her enormous pocket, Shasha went to the hall with the rest of her classmates, Ella at her heels.
They sat somewhere in the middle, but towards the back of the auditorium. They sat in the far corner too.
Just then, two other girls came in and sat next to them. It was Penelope and Ash. They were glad to find a spot next to them off all people.
"Hey Penelope," Shasha said when she sat down next to her. "How's your writing going on?"
"Oh it's good," said Penelope. "How about yours? How's that Emo Girl book going?"
"It's good," said Shasha. "I'm gonna upload another chapter tonight."
"The two of you are so alike," Ash said from her spot next to Penelope. "Both on Wattpad."
"Wait you're on Wattpad?" Ella asked suddenly. "Why didn't you tell me?"
"You never asked," was Shasha's simple reply. "I never met anyone else on Wattpad besides Penelope. You have Wattpad too?"
"Yes..." said Ella. "I read stuff there. I even tried writing a book, but ran out of ideas..."
"Oh come on, we'll help you with it," Penelope said, leaning forward to speak with Ella. "What's the book about?"
"I forgot..." said Ella. "Anyway, what are your usernames? I wanna follow you!"
"Shashathemeow," Shasha replied.
"Poppythebest," Penelope replied with a grin.
"I find it really weird that your username is meow but you dislike cats," said Ella, following their accounts which resulted in both of them receiving notifications. "Like, you always chase them away but make cat sounds when playing around."
"That's because I love birds," said Shasha. "And the stray cats near my place loves to kill the poor animals, leaving their corpses around. I hate cats..."
"I never liked cats too," Penelope agreed. "Once- no, more than once, a cat found its way into the roof of my porch and broke the ceiling by jumping down on it! I think we woke up at least three times to crashing sounds in the middle of the night only to find a part of the ceiling broken with the pieces scattered on the ground and on our car. What makes it weird is only that part falls in each time..."
"That's so creepy," Shasha said. "Well, all the more reason why we should hate cats."
"But there's still one thing though," Ella said. "You hate cats but love the sound 'meow'. Why's that?"
Shasha just shrugged.
The blaring sound of the microphone was heard. The piercing sound made everyone cover their ears in disgust. The face of their principal soon came to view on the stage.
He gave a really long speech, causing most of them to become sleepy.
Shasha decided to take the novel out of her pocket to read instead but their teacher came irritatingly close so she had to stuff it back into her pocket.
She took out her phone instead, but Ella motioned for her to put it away when she heard the principal say 'no phones allowed'.
Bored, Shasha actually felt her eyes shutting. She leaned forward, supporting her head with her fist, elbow on her knee. Ella suddenly started talking.
"What?" Shasha asked, turning towards Ella.
"The air conditioning is on," Ella said, pointing overhead. "Nice right?"
Shasha nodded and attempted to go back to sleep. Ella started started talking again.
"What now?" Shasha asked, annoyed.
"Those curtains look nice right?" Ella asked, pointing towards the curtains hung on the sides of the stage. "I wanna ask them where they bought it."
"Ask la," Shasha said and tried to sleep again.
This time however, Ella started singing as soon as Shasha shut her eyes. She turned back to her, annoyed.
"Seriously, when I'm not trying to sleep, you keep quiet and as soon as I shut my eyes you wake me," Shasha said, annoyed. "What do you want?"
"Fine..." Ella said, defeated. "Please don't sleep! I'm bored!"
"Then what do you wanna talk about?" Shasha asked.
Ella shrugged.
Shasha turned to Penelope instead. Penelope was trying hard not to sleep too.
"So Penelope, how's that KOF fanfic going?" Shasha asked. "Is it almost over?"
"Far from it," Penelope said, leaning back. "I know, it's like fifty parts, but I'm so not done yet. There's so much for me to write!"
"Yeah I can relate to that," Shasha said with a laugh. "My Emo Girl book went up to 58 parts. The DOA fanfic is worse. 75 parts!"
"Well, one of mine when up to 96 so just imagine that," Penelope said with a smirk. "Actually, it's only sixty something. But plus all those extra chapters... phew!"
"You guys..." Ash said with a laugh. "You guys write so much!"
"Well yeah," said Penelope. "We gotta get all those details, right Shasha?"
Shasha nodded. A new face appeared on the stage.
"Hey guys, I'm Ailbert Aileanach," a guy with a mild Scottish accent said. "You guys can just call me Albert, since it's a lot easier to pronounce and I'm sure some of you even find Ailbert weird. By the way, I'm an investigative journalist. So I'm here today to give you a talk about my work and stuff."
"Why does that name sound so familiar?" Shasha asked quizzically.
"Hmm... I wonder if Mrs Davis knows him..." Ash asked herself.
"Who's Mrs Davis?" Shasha asked.
"Our friends' mom," said Penelope. "Both of them are in our class, brother and sister."
"Twins?" Shasha asked.
"Nah," said Ash. "The sister's our age. The brother skipped a few grades."
They listened to the talk he gave. They have to admit, it was quite interesting. The talk was coming to an end when.
"I want to choose four lucky students to join me in a special project," said Ailbert. "Any volunteers? Suggestions? Anyone?"
To their surprise, they saw Miss Angus going to the front.
"I have a few suggestions," said Miss Angus. "There are four girls in my class that would be perfect for the job."
The four in the corner seat kinda groaned because they could already feel that it was gonna be them. Apparently, they were Miss Angus's favourite students for some reason.
"You see, she's gonna say Shasha, Ella, Penelope and Ash," Penelope said in a low voice and she was right because at that moment, their names were called. "See?"
They groaned softly and got up to go to the front.