The worst birthday ever

Nina POV
This is possibly the worst birthday ever. It's even worse than the time when Anna fired her bazooka at my bedroom window as a birthday present. They act as if today is nothing! And then there's Steve, and worst of all ADAM! He doesn't even know when my birthday is!
But what makes today the worst birthday of my life is Jin. He literally gave me a week's work and made me finish it in one day! It's getting late! Everyone wants to go home early, and to top it all off, it's my BIRTHDAY! He remembers Rina's birthday, but can't remember mine? I'm his bodyguard!
Anyway... here I am now. Sitting in front of this computer and trying to key in the documents into the system. For some reason, the system is misbehaving today. Only today! This has never happened before, and it chose to do this today of all days?
I had a terrible headache at this point. At this point, it was about two. I decided to ask Steve for some help to reduce the workload. After all, he's the marketing manager, and doesn't have that much of work to do.
I went over to his office and found him there, talking over the phone.
"I'll be there in a minute," he said. "Yeah you can set them up there. Yeah it is. Thanks."
He hung up and was dialling another number on his phone.
"Hey Steve," I said, causing him to jump and turn around. "Could you help me with something?"
"What is it, mom?" He asked. "What do you need help with?"
"Oh it's these paperwork," I said. "There's too much of it, and I'm already having a headache."
"Ooooooohhhhh," was all Steve said. "Sorry about that, mom. I have some work to do. Jin gave me a ton of work too, because he says today is special for some reason."
I groaned.
"Oh come on," I said. "Your work can't be that much, mine's worse!"
"Nope it's kinda worse than yours," Steve replied. "Jin's asking me to run some errands or something."
"That's new," I said, thinking. "He never asked me to run his errands..."
"That's because you're his bodyguard/ assistant," said Steve. "Not marketing manager."
"Fine, I'll try and finish them myself," I said and turned to leave. "I think it's best that you start with Jin's errands now."
"Yeah I will," said Steve. "Bye mom! Good luck with your work!"
I went out and decided to go to Anna's office instead. She's here for the week because Lee has some business with the Zaibatsu and is too lazy to come so he just sent Anna. Hopefully Anna is free. I opened the door and she quickly pushed something under her desk before looking up at me, grinning.
"Heeeyy Nina!" She said. "What brings you here now?"
"Well, Jin gave me a ton of work," I said. "Could you like help me with some?"
"Oh no I can't do that!" Anna replied. "Jin asked me to go to the gadget lab for something."
"For what?" I asked, confused. "Why does he want you there?"
"He said he wants me to design some... spy outfit," said Anna. "He says he wants the outfit to look fashionable and inconspicuous or something."
"Wait what?" I asked. "Why? Are you the gadget designer or something?"
"Nah," said Anna. "Jin just wants some ideas. Now if you would please excuse me..."
"Oh right," I said. "I'll be going now."
I left the room and was kinda annoyed. Literally no one wants to help me... well, I don't exactly blame them, since they have work too. Last chance, Adam. I went to his office and found him doing something there. He had his back turned and his buff body was blocking my view. He was doing something quickly, but I couldn't see what.
"Hey Adam," I said and he gasped and quickly turned around, still blocking what he was doing. "What are you doing?"
"N- Nothing," said Adam, trying to hide whatever it is he had on the table. "What are you doing here? Is there anything I can do for you?"
"Yeah there is," I said. "Can you help me with my work? There's too much to do! I got a headache trying to do them because the the dumb system kept hanging!"
"Oooooh sorry about that," said Adam, sheepishly. "But I have lots of work to do."
"Well, it didn't look like you were doing work when I came in," I said, looking at him suspiciously. "It looked like you were doing some art project or something."
"Yes I was," he said. "Jin asked me to prepare some... goodie bags for an important meeting that he'll be having tomorrow."
"What kinda meeting?" I asked. "He didn't tell me anything."
"Oh really?" He said, scratching his head. "Well I don't know why he didn't tell you, but yeah. That's why he gave us tons of work to do. Maybe because he gave you the office work so that you can finish it fast, while we do the preparations?"
"I don't know," I said. "Maybe?"
So with nothing left to do, I just thanked him and walked out of his office. I went back to mine and put the paperwork on my desk. I laid my head on the table, groaning at the thought of doing all these work with the slow system.
I decided to waste no time, and started keying the stuff in. I finished like one or two, when the intercom on my desk beeped.
"Nina are you there?" Jin's voice came through.
"Yes I'm right here, sir," I said.
"Good because I need you right now," said Jin. "I need you to come to the dining hall."
"On my way, sir," I said.
"I'm expecting you in less than two minutes," said Jin. "Be here as quick as you can, or you're gonna have to work during the weekend."
"Wait what?" I said, shocked. "Okay I'll be there ASAP!"
I shut the computer as fast as I can and grabbed my coat. I ran to the elevator and pressed the button. The stupid elevator was on the basement floor! Oooh quick quick! I don't wanna work during the weekend!
After what felt hours, the elevator finally came to the 70th floor. I quickly got in and pressed the first floor button, where the dining hall was. By this time a minute had already gone by. Darn! I only have a minute left to meet Jin! Or else it's work during the weekend for me...
It was a good thing Jin gave me access to the private elevator since I am a part of the BOD. If not, I would have to use the regular elevator that the other employees use...
As the lift went down, it suddenly stopped on the fifteenth floor. Oh great... now what?
I repeatedly pressed the 'open' button and the elevator wouldn't wanna open. Great! Best birthday EVER! I pressed the help button, but nothing happened. I was contemplating on what to do, when the elevator continued to go down properly. It went down and FINALLY opened on the first floor. I ran out, and went towards the dining hall.
I finally reached the dining hall and five minutes has already gone by. Looks like it's work during the weekend for me then...
I opened the door and entered. It was dark. Pitch dark. Just as I was groping about for the light switches, I felt someone grab my waist, pulling me into a hug.
Without thinking twice, I elbowed the person, causing them to grunt in pain and pulled them into a Commando Arm Lock. He yelled in anguish as I pulled his arm back.
Wait... there's something familiar about this guy, and his voice too. I've heard that yell before. It's a person very close to me.
"Adam?" I said, releasing his arm. "Is that you?"
"Ye- Yes," he said. "It's me... Adam."
"What are you doing?" I asked. "You know I don't like surprise attacks right? Especially in the dark?"
"I told you it would be a bad idea," said another familiar voice. "I've already warned you about it, dad..."