The strange man

The Ling family finally went home after a few hours. Xiaoyu was sad to leave.
"That's okay, Xiao," Jun said comfortingly. "We'll come over this Saturday."
"Yay!" Xiaoyu said. "Bye auntie! Bye uncle! Bye Jin! Bye Alisa! Bye Lars! Bye Amber!"
They waved them off at the Mishima Zaibatsu parking lot. They went back to their penthouse and relaxed.
"Phew I thought Mr Ling would never stop talking," Kazuya said, leaning on the couch. "You know, he went on and on and on and on!"
"Yeah Xiao told us," said Jin. "That's why Lars and I made an escape."
"I was planning to join you but Mr Ling..." Kazuya said with a groan. "He didn't even let me shift my gaze for a second, you know?"
"Poor Kaz..." Lars said with a laugh. "Anyway, what's for dinner?"
"Can we just order something?" Jun asked. "I'm too tired to cook and I'm sure you guys are too."
"Yeah I'm already on it," said Jin, seeing his phone. "Okay. What do you guys want?"
After a very long discussion, they decided to just order yakisoba.
That weekend, the Lings invited them over for dinner.
The Mishimas set off and Kazuya kept teasing Jin.
"You better dress up nice, fringey," Kazuya said. "You better make a good impression on your future in-laws, you know? Or else they won't let you marry Xiao!"
"Mom!" Jin said, calling his mother for defence. "Mom! Look at dad! He's making fun of me!"
"I thought you were a grown man," Lars said, coming in and putting his elbow on Jin's shoulder. "Turns out no..."
"Lars!" Jin said, pushing Lars's elbow away. "Mom! That's it, I'm out of here."
He went to the living room to find his mothers waiting for him.
"Jin, did you get dressed with your eyes closed?" Jun said, adjusting his shirt collar. "You're a mess!"
"That's right, Jin," said Amber. "You need to look good in front of your future in-laws!"
"Oooorgh not you too!" Jin said, annoyed. "Why is everyone like this today?"
They got into Kazuya's Audi and set off to the Ling family home.
The man that lived across from them was reading the day's newspaper on a bench in his porch.
"You got the Takoyaki?" Amber asked Jin, getting out of the car.
"Yep," Jin said, carrying the container. "Dad, you have the dango?"
"Yep," said Kazuya. "Glad you made some for us too, Jun."
"Well yeah," said Jun. "I like dango too."
The others went forwards while Jun came last. She was carrying dim sum. She and Amber tried making it and brought some to the Lings to see if they did it correctly.
Jun was having a hard time carrying the things without dropping anything while she sensed that she was being watched. She looked around to find the source and saw that Xiaoyu's newly moved in neighbour was watching them.
"Jun, careful!" Amber said, quickly grabbing the dim sum container that almost fell. "You almost dropped it!"
"Amber, do you sense anything... suspicious?" Jun asked. "Because I'm getting something. You see that guy over there? Holding the newspaper?"
"Yeah..." Amber said, staring intently at him. "Why is he staring at us like that?"
"I dunno but there's only one way to find out," said Jun. "You wait here. I'll give these to the others. Oh and gimme the dim sum too. I'll pass it to Lars."
She handed everything to Lars and Kazuya. The Lings invited them in while Jun and her clone went to investigate the strange man. He was kinda startled when he saw them.
"Hi I'm Jun," said Jun, giving him a polite smile. "This is my sister, Amber."
"Hi there!" Amber said. "It's so nice to meet you!"
"You new around here?" Jun asked. "Haven't seen you before."
"Uh... yes I am," the man said. "I only moved in here just this week."
The man spoke with a slight accent.
"Where are you from?" Amber asked. "You don't look like you're from around here."
"Scotland," the man said. "I come from Glasgow."
"Ah I see," Jun said. "Alright. I don't like beating around the bush. Why were you staring at us as if you have never seen humans before?"
"Excuse me?"
"Well yeah," Amber said, crossing her arms. "We noticed that you were watching us the whole time."
"No I did not!" The man refused, shaking his head. "I've been reading the newspaper the whole time!"
"Oh yeah?" Jun said, raising her eyebrow. "I never knew one can read an entire newspaper upside down!"
The man's face grew red from embarrassment. He knew that there was no escape no matter how much he denied.
"You better learn to keep your eyes to yourself," Jun said. "Come on, Amber."
They both turned around and went back to the Ling home. They left the gate open so Jun and Amber had no difficulty entering.
"Where did you two go?" Kazuya asked.
"We just had to take care of something," said Jun. "It was something urgent."
"What was it?" Jin asked.
"Nah nothing important," said Amber. "So Mrs Zhang? How's our dim sum?"
"It's really good," Xiaoyu's mother said. "I love it!"
"Thanks!" Jun and Amber said together.
They had lunch and spent some time there. The mothers started talking about random things while Mr Ling wanted to continue his conversation with Kazuya.
Kazuya was really annoyed with it. He looked at Lars dolefully.
Suddenly Xiaoyu got up.
"I wanna go get some snacks," Xiaoyu said. "Anyone wants to come with me?"
Kazuya immediately got up and volunteered. So did Jin and Lars.
"Come on," Kazuya said. "I know a place that sells tasty snacks. I'll take you there. We can go in my car."
He pulled them away and jumped into his car with the others.
"So how was your conversation with dad, uncle?" Xiaoyu asked with a grin.
"So you know about it," Kazuya said with a sigh. "My ears almost started bleeding."
"Well, he's always like that," Xiaoyu said with a laugh. "Anyway, where did you wanna take us?"
They went for a drink before actually looking for the shop that sold snacks.
"Don't tell Jun, okay?" Kazuya warned. "We'll bring her and Amber here tomorrow to make up for it."
"You're so mean," said Lars.
"Well yeah," Kazuya said in a low voice. "I'm the victim here, not you..."
They bought a bunch of snacks like Gyoza, Yakitori Tsukune, Karaage and Harumaki. They came back with a lot of bags.
They sat around for a while and then went home. Jun and Amber were staring daggers at the house across Xiaoyu's.
"Moms, what's wrong?" Jin asked. "If looks could destroy, that house would burst into flames!"
"The guy that lives there," Jun said, averting her gaze to her son. "He kept staring at us when we came in."
"Yeah and it wasn't just a normal stare," said Amber. "He stared at us without even blinking!"
"So that's why we went investigating," said Jun. "The guy is Scottish. He only moved in just this week."
"Oh yeah, mom 2, remember when we came to call Xiao the other night for dinner?" Jin said. "He was moving in that time!"
"Oh yeah!" Amber said, remembering. "He only moved in recently."
"Who is he?" Lars asked. "How come no one told me anything?"
"Oi we just realised too okay?" Kazuya said. "He needs to be investigated. Jin?"
"I'm on it," said Jin.  "I'll ask Nina to spy on him."
"Why don't you send Kunimitsu instead?" Jun suggested. "She's no longer spying on Tiger right?"
"Yeah," said Jin. "She's training to join the Tekken Force Shrike Army."
"She hasn't started yet," said Lars. "She's only starting this Monday."
"Perfect," said Jun. "We'll pay her a visit later."