The last clue

Kunimitsu and Josie climbed the rope ladder and laid down on the ground in relief.
"You got some water?" Josie asked, panting. "All that excitement made my heart pound like a drum!"
Xiaoyu quickly got out a bottle of water for her. She gave one to the red-headed woman too.
"Thanks," Kunimitsu said, letting the cool liquid wet her dry throat.
"So what did you guys find?" Xiaoyu asked. "Any clues?"
"Some," said Josie, taking her phone out. "Ailbert's a journalist. He wrote some articles about the Nelson brothers. Before we could read more, he came."
"So we just beat it," Kunimitsu said, sinking down on Xiaoyu's sofa. "But what was that last paragraph he wrote about Nelson? We didn't manage to finish it."
Josie held her phone up with a smirk. But suddenly, her smirk faded.
"Is that a panda?!" Josie asked in shock. "A panda?!"
"Yes," Xiaoyu said, sitting on Panda's lap. "Her name's Panda too."
"Will- Will it bite?" Josie asked fearfully.
"Oh no it won't!" Xiaoyu said, fondling her pet. "She's really sweet. I trained her and she can even fight!"
"Enough about that now," said Kunimitsu. "How are we gonna read the passage that we missed? You looked smug for about a second, then you freaked out! What is it?"
"Oh I managed to snap a photo of it," Josie said in triumph. "Here, lets read it."
Xiaoyu continued texting Jin about what was going on.
"They're at Xiao's now," Jin told the rest of his family. "They're reading the last clue that they found."
"Ask them to send it to us too," said Jun. "I sense that it's an important clue."
Lars fell asleep on the sofa while these people were talking. Kazuya chuckled as he thought of a plan to wake him up.
"Hey look!" Kazuya suddenly said, pointing to the balcony entrance. "It's Alisa!"
"W-What?" Lars said, getting up with a jolt and running towards the balcony.
He ran straight into the tinted glass sliding door.
"Ow!"
Kazuya burst into laughter, satisfied with his prank. The others looked at him in disappointment. Lee suddenly walked in, returning from his visit to the bathroom.
He was surprised to see his adoptive brother laughing uncontrollably at Lars, who was holding his forehead with an annoyed expression.
"Alright, what did I miss?" Lee asked, sitting on his favourite couch. "What did you do?"
Kazuya tried to explain to him.
Meanwhile at Xiaoyu's...
They started reading what was written on that passage. This was dated before he moved into Tokyo.

Dear Diary,
I feel like I'm being watched. Someone's after me. It might be him. It might be Nelson!
But why is he after me? It wasn't my fault that I was assigned to investigate his case and his brother's! He should go after my boss! Not me!
I'm beginning to feel unsafe, especially after that incident.
I'm still recovering from the aftermath of it...
That dude even gave me nightmares. I even dreamt that he was killing me!
It's not my fault I know too much! It is my job to dig up dirt on people like him, especially rogue idiots like that.
Gosh, I hope he doesn't read this. He might kill me just for this as a reason.
That's it, I'm gonna move to Tokyo. I even applied for transfer there. I even made preparations for it.
But I'm gonna miss home...
I'm gonna miss my beloved Glasgow. This is where I'm from. Where I belong. But I have to. I have to move.
It's the only way. Or so I hope...

"So he's innocent after all," Kunimitsu said when she finished reading. "I suspected him for being a bad guy."
"I suspected him of being Joseph Nelson himself!" Xiaoyu exclaimed, texting Jin. "Like, I thought he had this rogue vibes about him. He acted really suspicious."
"Same," Josie agreed. "Remember earlier? We suspected him of buying drugs when he only went to get haggis!"
"Probably because he was paranoid," Kunimitsu suggested. "He must be paranoid to be stalked like that."
"But how do we get to Joseph and the other rogues?" Josie asked. "That's our main target, not Ailbert."
"That's not for us to worry," said Xiaoyu. "Let the Brazilians investigate that themselves."
"That's right," said Kunimitsu. "It's actually their problem, not ours. Mr Mishima is just trying to clear his name."
"Yeah," said Xiaoyu. "Eddy says he'll take it from here."
They suddenly heard the sound of footsteps approaching Xiao's room.
"Xiao, is someone with you up there?" They heard Mrs Zhang. "Xiao, what are you doing in there?"
"Oh nuts!" Xiaoyu said, panicking. "Nothing, mom! You guys, better get out of here!"
Josie and Kunimitsu scrambled to their feet and ran to the window.
Xiaoyu helped them out while trying to convince her mother to wait. In her panic state, she accidentally pushed Josie out, causing her to let out an anguished yell.
Luckily Kunimitsu caught her arm.
"Xiao, are you okay?" Mrs Zhang asked in concern when she heard Josie's yell. "Are you okay? What are you doing?"
"Nothing mom!" Xiao shouted back. "I just bumped into the corner of the bed."
Xiaoyu quietly apologised to Josie before shutting the window, leaving the rope ladder dangling for them to climb down.
She sighed and opened the bedroom door and let her mother in.
"What are you doing awake this early?" The older woman asked. "Aren't you supposed to go to bed?"
"Sorry, mom..." Xiaoyu said sheepishly. "Just had to finish some late homework..."
"Who were you talking too?" Her mother asked, peeking into the room. "Were you talking to yourself?"
"No I-I was speaking over the phone," said Xiaoyu. "I was talking to Miharu over the phone."
Just then, Mrs Zhang spotted an unknown phone on Xiaoyu's end table. It was Josie's. She forgot to take it when leaving.
"Who's phone is that?" Mrs Zhang asked.
Xiaoyu turned pale.
"That's- That's my friend's phone," Xiaoyu tried. "She asked me to... to um... repair it for her. She said there was a software problem. I finished repairing it. I'll return it to her tomorrow."
"Oh okay," Mrs Zhang said, turning around to leave. "You better get to bed. You have to go to school tomorrow."
Xiaoyu nodded with a smile as her mother left the room, without closing the door.
Annoyed, Xiaoyu closed it and locked it.
She took out her phone and texted Kunimitsu.
Xiao: Tell Josie I'll return her phone tomorrow
Xiao: N tell her I'm sorry for pushing her out...
Xiao: 😅😅😅
Kunimitsu only read that text when she arrived home. They both took a breather at Josie's.
"Xiaoyu says you left phone in her room," Kunimitsu told Josie, reading the messages. "And she says she's sorry for pushing you."
"Aww Xiaoyu," Josie said, holding back her tears. "Tell her it's okay. It wasn't her fault she panicked."
Kunimitsu smiled and texted her back. After a while, she went back to her apartment next door.