Chapter 03

The rain got heavier as the sky grew darker and darker. I sat with the Weasley twins and Lee Jordan as they talked on and on about the tournament.

    Although, I didn't care to mention it was only going to be open for students older than seventeen. I was rather enjoying myself.

     "Anything from the trolley?" I heard the familiar voice of the lady calling from down the train, excitement building up inside me. "Anything from the trolley, dears?"

     I finally had a chance to eat chocolate frog and Liquorish wand, even every flavor beans. But then I realized I had no wizard money on me.

I did have some Muggle money in my pockets, but that could be of no use; not even in a dream.

     "Want anything?" Lee asked, but I shook my head to be polite. Although to my great delight, all three of them got to their feet when the trolley lady came by our compartment and bought as many sweets as they could to keep us occupied until we got to Hogwarts.

     "You have to try these every flavor beans, Lexi." said George.

     "Yeah, I bet you can't get such a neat yummy boogie flavor in America." continued Fred, passing me a weird looking green one, which I refused at once.

     I helped myself with a little bit of sweets after the three insisted, and the weird part was, I never used to be able to taste anything in my dreams until now. But I found myself enjoying every bite of my Pumpkin Pasties and Cauldron Cakes.

      When we drew closer to the school, the boys asked me to leave the compartment for a few minutes so they could change, and I gladly did so.

     So as I waited outside, I hoped to get a glance at Harry, Ron, or Hermione. But I was unfortunate enough to come across the boy I had knocked down. By now I was sure he was the one and only, Draco Malfoy.

      He glared down at me with his two brainless friends by his side as he made his way over where I stood.

     "Still not planning on apologizing, yet?" He snarled as he came close to me, our noses practically touching as he gave me a deadly look.

When reading the books, I used to think that Draco was a misunderstood character, and that perhaps if he was raised in a different family, he would be a good person. But I couldn't possibly stay quiet and let him think that he can treat people however he likes.

     "Oh, I'm sorry. Is your father going to hear about this?" I said mockingly, watching the boy go paler, disgust washed all over his face.

     I heard people laughing behind me but before I could turn around and see who it was, I heard Draco mutter darkly, "I would watch my mouth, if I were you. You don't want me on your bad side."

     And he started to walk away as I yelled after him, "I don't want you on none of my sides!"

     At that, I felt someone pat me on my back. When I turned around I saw none other that our king, Ronald Weasley. "Nice one," he said with a proud grin.

     "I don't think I've seen you around before," said the girl to his right, her hair bushy and her front teeth rather large. "Which year are you in, again?"

I tried to hold back a smile, knowing that she was Hermione Granger.

     "Actually, I'm a new student." I said my backstory smoothly, getting more and more comfortable with my lie with each time that I repeated it. "I used to be in Ilvermorny until now."

     "Ilvermorny?" Asked the third boy with messy jet-black hair, round glasses, and a scar in the shape of a lightening bolt on his forehead. I could scream out of excitement if I could, being in the presence of the famous Harry Potter.

     "That's the magical school in America," explained Hermione.

"What was your name again?" Ron mused, turning to face me.

I smiled rather nervously. "I'm Lexi Hooper."

"Well, it was nice meeting you, Lexi." Hermione gave me a warm smile as she was holding Crookshanks's basket in her hands. "Welcome to Hogwarts, then. Hope to see you in Gryffindor."

"Yeah." Harry and Ron nodded along, before leaving my side and getting off the train.

"Just heard about your little spat with Malfoy." Turning around, I saw George say. I was getting a hold of which was which twin easier that I thought.

"Yeah, now that was what I call real badassery." Said Fred. "Was there a class for sass in America? Cause I would get the highest mark in that."

"Heck," George started. "I would teach that class."

We got off the train and quickly ran towards the horseless carriages so we wouldn't get too soaked under the heavy rain.

From the distance I could hear the ever so familiar sound of our sweet gamekeeper, Hagrid, yelling over the storm, "Firs' years! Firs' years this way!"

The four of us got into a carriage and its door shut in a snap. Not a minute had passed that with a great lurch, the carriages started rambling their way up the road.

I kept my eyes glued on the window, waiting and waiting for my first sight of Hogwarts. And then, finally I saw it. My jaw fell open in awe. It was even more magnificent that what it was described in the books. It was... majestic.

I had this sudden urge to mumble the Harry Potter theme song under my breath, but got a grip on myself as I waited for us to arrive.

"Shouldn't you have gone with the first years with the boats?" Asked Lee. "You know? For the sorting ceremony."

"No, I'm sure it would be fine." I shrugged the matter off casually, staring outside into the rain.

If I went along with the first years, I would stand out among them. I wanted to blend in with the crowd. If all of this was actually real — however that was possible — then I wanted to stay here for as long as I could. If they realized I was a Muggle, they would certainly erase my memories and send me back.

When we arrived at Hogwarts, I was still in such awe, that Fred and George started to mock me by opening their jaws wide and saying dramatically, "Wow!"

"Oh, shut up." I nudged Fred teasingly as he laughed at the look on my face.

I had read the Harry Potter books more times that I can count, which meant I knew exactly what was going to happen now that we had stepped in the castle.

Coming to myself and remembering what was going to happen now, I quickly ran to the side of the corridor and away from the crowd. But before the Weasley twins and Lee could open their mouths to ask what I was doing, a moment later, a water bomb fell from the ceiling and hit everyone, soaking them all.

"PEEVES!" Yelled an angry voice from afar as the kids groaned, wet from head to toe. "Peeves, come down here at ONCE!"

I smiled broadly when I saw a witch appearing from down the corridor. Her face stern and her black hair in a tight bun as she ran forward, nearly falling down.

I knew at once that this was Professor McGonagall; my favorite Hogwarts Professor. After Remus Lupin, of course.

Just then Peeves the poltergeist appeared, stuck his tongue out, threw the last water bomb in the air, and at last zoomed off up the marble staircase.

By that, one of the twins whom I guessed was Fred came to me and dragged me aside, asking suspiciously, "How on earth did you know this was going to happen? You moved out of the way seconds before the water bomb fell!"

I grinned. "I guess I'm more mysterious than what I look like, don't you think, Mr Weasley?"