Chapter 186

The sun rose steadily over Hogwarts, and the Great Hall blazed with life and light as the morning drew on.

Those who were Imperiused had come back to themselves, the Death Eaters were fleeing or being captured, and the innocent of Azkaban were being released at that very moment.

Draco had reunited with his parents as they were sitting inside the Great Hall among everybody else. They weren't sure if they were really supposed to be there or not, but nobody seemed to pay them any attention, as they were too drawn in their own happiness.

They were all focused on Harry, cheering and celebrating, shaking his hand and patting him on the back. But he finally managed to slip away and get out of the Great Hall with Ron and Hermione.

I was sitting in a corner with the Weasley family and Lupin and Tonks, who had their hands interwind as they smiled.

But then our attention was caught by Sirius who ran toward us, his face pale and his lips slightly trembling in fear.

"What is it, Sirius?" Lupin asked worriedly and frowned at the sight of his friend.

"Have you seen Jenna?" he asked and then soon after, a tense atmosphere fell upon all of us.

He turned to glance at each and every one of us individually, hoping that one of us would have a clue as to where she was, but we all shook our heads.

Sirius went paler if that was even possible, running a hand through his hair.

"Sirius, I'm — I'm sure she's fine," said Lupin in order to calm him down, even though he didn't seem too sure about it either.

But Sirius wasn't listening. He just turned on his heels and rushed out of the Great Hall, muttering under his breath, "I told her not to come... I'll never forgive myself..."

Lupin looked just as afraid as his friend at this point, but as he glanced at his wife, it looked liked he didn't dare to leave her anymore.

As if reading his mind, Tonks gave him a small reassuring nod and smiled. "Go on. I'll be fine."

So nodding, Lupin left the Great Hall as well after Sirius. None us of talked for some while, all our minds racing.

Could Jenna really be dead? Or if she was alive, what if the baby was hurt after all that had happened that night?

But as everyone tried to get back to talking to keep the mood happy after such a haunting battle, Fred suddenly caught my attention by patting me on the shoulder.

"What?" I whispered, turning to look at him.

He then gestured with his head at me to follow him and so I smiled, getting to my feet. Fred then grabbed onto my hand, leading me out of the Great Hall.

I was confused at first when he started walking down the marble staircase which was halfway ruined, but then I grinned as I realized where he was taking me.

"Thought we could use some peace and alone time," he said as we stopped in front of a portrait of a fruit bowl.

He then tickled the pear and the portrait swung open, revealing the kitchen.

Not many house-elves were inside, seeing as almost all of them were out in the castle, already trying to clean the mess up as much as they could.

"Hmm..." Fred started, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "I could really do with some chocolate chip cookies."

"It's okay, I've got this." I grinned and then cleared my throat, saying, "Kreacher!"

On cue, the house-elf appeared out of thing air before Fred and I, my father's locket still around his neck. At my sight, Kreacher bowed so deeply that his nose nearly hit the floor.

"Kreacher, would you please get us some chocolate chip cookies?" I asked him softly.

Kreacher bowed down once more. "Anything for my Master's daughter."

He then snapped his finger together and a big bowl of fresh cookies appeared out of thin air and was placed on the ground.

"Kreacher, be a good boy and add some butterbeer to it," said Fred. Kreacher gave him a nasty look, but obeyed either way. "Oh, and some Cauldron Cake too, while you're at it."

As Fred and I chuckled and sat down on the dusty floor, Kreacher grumbled to himself but brought all that he was asked to.

"Thank you, Kreacher." I smiled at him and so with one last deep bow, the house-elf Disapparated.

"Yes! Food!" I said in glee, almost attacking the cake as I started eating. Fred gave me an amused look, and I shrugged with my mouth still full. "What? I'm hungry!"

"I didn't say anything." Fred grinned knowingly, taking a bite of his chocolate chip cookie.

We were there for some while and started ordering a few other things to the house-elves present in the kitchen, which they brought us with full delight, happier than ever now that Voldemort was gone.

Fred and I were now sitting before the kitchen's fireplace in silence, staring into the flames with a feeling of peace neither of us had felt in a long time.

"Oh, I just remembered!" Fred suddenly said, grabbing my attention.

I raised my brows at him curiously as he dug into his pockets, in search of something.

"I wouldn't be surprised if I had dropped it somewhere in the middle of the battle — oh yes, here it is!"

But then suddenly my eyes widened as he took out a ring out of his coat's inner pocket.