Chapter 181

"FRED!" I shouted and tried to run after him, but I was stopped when I felt someone grab my arm and pull me back.

     "And what are you still doing here?" Sirius asked me with a raised brow. "Your father would kill me if anything happens to you!"

      "But I want to fight back!" I said, pulling my hand out of his grasp.

       "Sirius, she's of age. You can't force her to go back," Jenna retorted.

   "It's bad enough that you're here!" Sirius snapped at her. "Stop motivating others too!"

"She's not motivating me!" I said back. "I want to stay! I have to!"

     "Ugh, please! One stubborn woman at a time!" Sirius huffed loudly, before turning to face Jenna angrily. "Go. Home."

      "I told you, Sirius. I'm not leaving." She then grimaced. "Not until I've paid my respects to Trevors, Bellatrix, Rodolphus, and Rabastan Lestrange."

      Taking advantage of Sirius's distraction, I slipped away out of his reach and made a run for it, trying to find where Fred had gone.

      A mass of students were running in my opposite direction as I rushed on. The Professors were out, trying to put enchantment around the castle temporarily.

     As I was rushing by, I came upon Professor McGonagall who had her wand raised fiercely and then cried out, "Piertotum Locomotor!"

       On cue, all along the corridor the statues and suits of armor jumped down from their plinths.

      "Hogwarts is threatened!" shouted Professor McGonagall over the echoing crashes from the floors above and below. "Man the boundaries, protect us, do your duty to our school!"

I felt a shiver rush down my spine as I saw the Death Eaters from outside the grounds of Hogwarts, breaking down the enchantment and ready to attack.

Shaking my head off the thought, I started running once more. I had to find Fred. But it had been four years since I had read the books and had no idea on which floor he was supposed to be dueling.

But I stopped in my tracks and my heart sank as I heard screams and shouts outside the castle. And by that, I knew that the battle had begun.

The sound of screams and crashes and explosions were growing louder as they were coming nearer to me while I ran through every corridor, checking every hall.

But right before I was going to take turn onto the next corridor, I came upon a hooded and masked figure. He pointed his wand at me and a moment later, I saw a green light flash toward me.

But it missed me by inches and so I raised my wand at the chandelier above him, yelling, "Confringo!"

The part of the ceiling blasted and dropped upon him, and I took a step back in horror.

Feeling the panic surging from within me even more, I ran for it with my wand still held firmly in my trembling hand.

But I suddenly fell down with a scream of pain as I felt a curse hit my leg. I dropped to the floor, my whole body aching and my leg bleeding.

Looking up in case I needed to defend myself even though my wand had fallen from my hand, I saw Goyle across the hall with his wand raised at me. He tried to send another curse at my direction, but someone behind him suddenly yelled, "Protego!"

Looking up, I saw Draco rushing forward, panting and breathing heavily through his nostrils with his wand pointed at Goyle.

"What the bloody hell do you think you're doing!?" Goyle snapped at him angrily.