Chapter 45

I pleaded Mrs. Weasley to take me to Diagon Alley with her to get the school supplies, but she told me that it was dangerous and refused me.

I huffed to myself grumpily. Seeing Diagon Alley was surely a dream; although, I much preferred going there at eleven, as a true witch.

I came to a sudden panic when I thought how Mrs. Weasley could afford buying my school supplies, but later on found out that Dumbledore had it covered, seeing as he was keeping me at Hogwarts for his own reasons.

That night, we threw a small party for Ron and Hermione who were our new prefects. But Harry was not thrilled.

Although, his mood did eventually pick up when Sirius told him that him and James were never made prefects, for they spent far too much time in detention together. I could highly relate to that; nobody in their right mind would ever make me a prefect.

Soon, September first arrived and everyone got up early to get to the King's Cross station. But we were bound to run late when Moody insisted we had to wait for the rest of our security to show up.

It was decided that Harry was going with Mrs. Weasley and tonks; Hermione and Ron were going with Mr. Weasley; meanwhile me, Fred, George, and Ginny were going to be accompanied there by Lupin.

Moody was in charge of bringing our luggage, to make sure from afar that we weren't being followed.

We all exited our rooms with our heavy trunks, trying to get them downstairs.

"Here," said Fred, taking my trunk from me with a grin, "let me help you with that."

I was going to open my mouth and tease him by saying 'Ooh, what a gentleman!'

But I didn't get the chance to when Fred took out his wand and bewitched my trunk to fly downstairs.

Although, when it had almost reached the bottom of the stairs, Fred caused the trunk to hurtle straight into Ginny and so knocked her down two flights of stairs into the hall.

By that, Mrs. Weasley and Mrs. Black's portrait both started screaming at the top of their voices.

"— COULD HAVE DONE HER A SERIOUS INJURY, YOU IDIOTS —"

"— FILTHY HALF-BREEDS, BESMIRCHING THE HOUSE OF MY FATHERS —"

But we were too busy laughing to bother with what those two were yelling. Even Ginny, who had recovered from the shock, had started chuckling.

Fred, George, and I walked downstairs, avoiding Mrs. Weasley's glares at our direction as we made our way over the door, waiting there for Lupin to show up.

     "Hello," he beamed down at us with his tired yet kind eyes. "Ready to go?"

     When we all nodded, Lupin opened the door and we left the Grimmauld Place, but the moment I turned around after a few seconds, the house had vanished out of sight.

     We had to walk all they way to King's Cross station, during which time Ginny was chatting with Lupin, meanwhile Fred and George were busy talking to each other about their newest products and how they could perfect them.

     But I couldn't get myself to join either of their conversations as I was too busy with my own thoughts.

     I kept looking down at the necklace Sirius had bought me. It looked familiar. But I could make no connections.

     I was quiet for some while, but eventually, I saw from the corner of my eyes that George nudged Fred and gestured at me with his head.