Chapter 92

After breakfast, I went downstairs with Fred and George as they explained to me how things worked around the shop.

While they worked on their new products, I spent an hour or two on studying the shelves and memorizing the products' places and prizes so I could be an assist to their customers.

      "How are you keeping up, Miss Hooper?" Turning around, I saw Fred walking toward me, but I snorted as I saw his hair standing straight as if he had just been electric-shocked.

      "What happened to you?" I asked, still sniggering.

       "Oh, it's nothing. New product went wrong." He shook a hand carelessly and smirked. "You should see George. He's worse."

      "Not that I don't like to go and make fun of him, cause I do," I started mockingly, "but today's been my first chance of being alone with you."

      Fred's grin widened at that. "Now, now, Miss Hooper. Don't be such a sinner."

     "Sinner?" I repeated, scoffing. "Is it a sin to want to spend time with my boyfriend whom I hadn't seen properly ever since he dramatically left school?"

      "Of course nothing's wrong with spending innocent time with your boyfriend," he said cheekily. "But something in your eyes tells me there's nothing innocent going on in that mind of yours."

      "Oh, so you're a mind reader now, are you?" I said in a mock-impressed tone. "And what am I thinking right now?"

       "It's too dirty to say out loud." He winked at me.

       I laughed, shaking my head at Fred while I walked toward him. I yanked his collar to pull him closer to me. But before our lips could even touch, we heard footsteps from behind and immediately jerked apart from each other.

      I didn't hold back my snort as I saw George walking inside, his face looking as of someone had splashed gunpowder all over it.

       "Those new products are not going too well," said George with a frustrated sigh, walking toward one of the shelves and organizing them.

       "Wait till he gets a girlfriend," Fred mumbled bitterly, glaring daggers at his brother from afar. "Oh, I'll get him for this."

      "Well, it is kinda your fault." I shrugged.

       "My fault?" He turned to face me. "How is it my fault?"

      I grinned. "Because this could've all been avoided if we had just stayed in bed."

***

For lunch we went out to the Leaky Cauldron, but on our way back, we saw many people from the Ministry in Diagon Alley, putting up posters of wanted Death Eaters on each wall.

     The atmosphere was gloomier than ever as we walked back to the shop and saw people glancing worriedly at the posters.

      But I hoped to brighten it up a bit as I said, "Do you realize what it means now that I'm a witch?"

     "What?" said the twins together.

     "The Ministry can't Obliviate me anymore." I smiled, walking inside along the with them. "I have every right to stay here."

     "There were other ways to stop that from happening if you actually were a Muggle," said Fred. "I mean, the Ministry wouldn't Obliviate a Muggle who marries a wizard after they're of age."

      By those words, George and I turned on him with raised eyebrows.

     "I-I'm just stating a fact." He shrugged briskly, trying to be as casual as possible.