Chapter 46

When we finally reached platform 9 3/4 with Lupin, Fred, George, and Ginny, everyone else was already there.

"No trouble?" growled Moody.

"Nothing," said Lupin.

"I'll still be reporting Sturgis to Dumbledore," said Moody. "That's the second time he's not turned up in a week. Getting as unreliable as Mundungus."

I gulped, trying to hold myself back from telling them what had really happened to Sturgis Podmore. Remember your promise to Dumbledore, I kept repeating to myself.

"Well, look after yourselves," said Lupin, shaking hands all round.

"Yeah, keep your head down and your eyes peeled," said Moody, shaking Harry's hand too. "And don't forget, all of you — careful what you put in writing. If in doubt, don't put it in a letter at all."

"It's been great meeting all of you," said Tonks, hugging me, Hermione, and Ginny. "We'll see you soon, I expect."

A warning whistle sounded; the students still on the platform started hurrying onto the train.

"Quick, quick," said Mrs. Weasley distractedly, hugging us hurriedly. "Write... Be good... If you've forgotten anything we'll send it on... Onto the train, now, hurry..."

With that, we all ran towards the train, waving them goodbye. "See you!" Harry called out of the open window as the train began to move.

The train started on and took more speed by each passing moment and we watched amusingly as Sirius raced the train in his dog form. But soon enough, the train left the station and them behind.

"Well," said Fred, clapping his hands together, "can't stand around chatting all day, we've got business to discuss with Lee. See you later," and by that, he took ahold of my arm and dragged me along with him and George.

"No, wait!" I tried to pull back and protest, but he was stronger than I expected. "I wanna go with Harry!"

"Yeah... I don't think so," Fred grinned, still having a grip on me.

I muttered something about wanting to meet Luna Lovegood, for I knew Harry would be sharing a compartment with her today, but Fred didn't seem to hear me.

We finally stopped by Lee Jordan's compartment which he was holding for us and got in.

"Sup, guys!" Lee greeted us happily as he was sitting by the window.

"Hey, Lee," I smiled, making my way to take the empty seat before Lee, next to the window.

But I appeared to be too slow, as Fred quickly went forward and sat there, grinning triumphantly at me.

"Oi!" I retorted jokingly. "I wanted to sit by the window!"

"You can always sit here," Fred grinned up at me playfully, patting on his thigh.

By those words, Lee's eyes widened as he looked between us, waiting for my reaction and expecting me to punch him.

But I merely shook my head and chuckled, saying, "Nice try, Freddie," and by that, sat down next to him.

"So did you see the books our new Dark Arts teacher has assigned us?" Lee asked angrily. "There's nothing in them about using magic! It's just stupid theories!"

"Uh oh," I groaned under my breath, only just remembering the disaster which was now awaiting us at Hogwarts.

A disaster also known between me and my old friends as Umbitch.

The only good thing about not being allowed to use magic in classes was that now I had one less class to excuse myself for not using a wand.

But other than that, I really didn't want to think about that horrible human being and all the terrible things that she was going to do.

     If she never existed, Dumbledore would never leave Hogwarts. Then, Harry would tell him about his vision of Sirius being captured and Dumbledore would tell him that it was false.

     So if it weren't for her, Sirius would never die...

     "LEXI!" I was snapped back to reality when Fred, George, and Lee yelled out my name.

     "What?" I said, dazed.

     "We've been calling you for the last three hours, that's what!" said George.

     "We've been on this train for less than an hour," I said flatly, but then grinned and shook my head. "What were you saying, anyway?"

     "We were telling Lee about our Fever Fudges," said Fred. "George and I thought we should sell them for five Galleons a box."

     "But Lee here says if we want to start selling them at Hogwarts, we should start with lower prices, like one Galleon," said George. "What do you think?"

     "Er – well... I say for the start of term, start with the one Galleon," I said, "but in mid-term, you can sell them for a higher price because students would need it more then than ever when they are too tired of classes and their works are heavier than ever, therefore would be willing to pay more."

     "Great idea!" George clapped his hands together.

     "That's my girl!" Fred grinned proudly.

      "Hang on..." Lee started, looking suspiciously between Fred and I by those words. "Am I missing something here?"

     "Yes, Lee," I started with a knowing grin. "You're missing the usage of your brain."