Chapter 71

At some point, I even expected Fred to get me towards our usual spot by the Black Lake, but I became even more confused when he didn't.

"I gotta say," I said with a smile after we had reached the place, both surprised and impressed. "This is not what I expected."

Fred had led me towards a hall, full of portraits of foods on them, stopped before a portrait of a bowl of fruit and tickled it, and soon, we found ourselves in the Hogwarts kitchen.

"Well," he shrugged with a goofy grin, "This was where we had spent our last Valentine. But of course, last year we were here for detention and not really together."

I laughed, looking around as the house elves came running towards us, bowing and asking us what we wanted.

"A carpet for two, please," said Fred with a grin and so they bowed once more.

With a snap of their fingers, a comfortable looking rug appeared before the lit fireplace, along with two empty plates and glasses.

"My lady," Fred bowed at me dramatically and raised his hand for me to take.

"Cheesy Weasley," I muttered under my breath, shaking my head as I took it.

     Fred then placed a playful kiss on it and I giggled, before leading me towards the rug.

We sat down, both smiling goofily as we watched the house elves run around, probably preparing dinner for everybody else.

"What can I get young sir and lady?" one of the house elves asked politely, walking towards us.

"Er..." Fred gave me a questioning glance. "What would you like? Something fancy, maybe?"

"Nah..." I shook my head, grinning. "But I'd kill for some pepperoni pizza right now!"

"Uh... what's that?"

My eyes widened, looking at him in this belief before I gave him a knowing grin. "Oh, Freddie... you have no idea what you've been missing."

"And for you drink, miss?" asked the house elf.

I gave it a few seconds of thought before clapping my hands together in excitement and saying, "Definitely Sprite!"

     My friends always fought over which was better; Coka or Pepsi. But here I was, always ordering Sprite wherever we went.

     Both Fred and the house elves were giving me questioning glances. The elves then huddled together and talked in whispers before one of them finally snapped his fingers and with that, the pizzas appeared in both of our plates and our glasses got filled up with the soda.

     Fred gave me a look and so I gave him an encouraging nod. "Go on. You won't regret it. Trust me."

     "Alright," Fred sighed. "If you say so..."

     With that, he hesitantly took a piece of the pizza and ate it, his eyes widening when he did so. "Holy crap! This is awesome!"

     "Ha! Told you," I gave him a triumphant grin before I started with my own pizza.

     After hours passed with us in the kitchen, Fred and I leaned back against the wall next to the fireplace, watching the house elves with amusement, eating cookies from the box they had given us.

     "Well, this is nice," Fred sighed as I nuzzled into his side, warmed up by the fire.

I wanted to tell him about what Kreacher had told me, but I held myself back, not wanting to ruin the moment.

"You know," Fred started, snapping me back to reality. "Last year that we came here, it really got me going crazy when the elves thought we were here for a date."

I giggled. "Why?"

"Well, I really liked you back then."

"Really?" My eyes widened. "Since then?"

"Since before the Yule Ball."

"What?" I exclaimed. "Then... why didn't you ask me to the Ball?"

Fred glared at me.

"What?"

"I wanted to ask you!" he retorted, grimacing. "Only that stupid boy asked you right before I was going to!"

"Oh," I pursed my lips in realization, trying to suppress a smile.

"So... did you feel the same way about me back then?" he asked with a mischievous grin.

"I really don't know," I said earnestly. "I mean, I think I did. I just didn't realize what those feelings were. I guess I'm just kind of dense when it comes to these stuff."

"Only kind of?" Fred said playfully and so I smacked him across his arm.

      He laughed, throwing an arm around me and brining me closer to him. "I'm only teasing you, Love. It's so easy."

      I chuckled. "No arguing that."

     Fred then started to lean forward, but I pulled back immediately before our lips could touch. "What?"

      "Er... not that I don't like kissing you or anything," I said awkwardly and cleared my throat, then lowered my voice, saying, "but I'm not sure if we should do it in front of them."

     "In front of who — oh!" His eyes widened in realization when he turned around and saw the house elves looking at us curiously.

     We both laughed before Fred stood up, holding his hand for me and when I took it, he helped me up.

     "Better get out of here, then," he said.

     "Where to?"

     "Somewhere more... er..." he grinned, "private."