The Unexpected News

Author's Note

Author's Note

Well, here it is... the second bonus chapter! What would you guys like to read about the most in the third and last one? You can comment your requests at the end of this chapter. I hope you'll like it ❤︎

***

"Okay... everybody calm down... there's no need to panic..." Lexi started saying rapidly as she paced around the room, mostly talking to herself. "It's just a simple problem... nothing to freak out about..."

A few months had passed from the day Fred had gotten permission from Lexi's parents for her hand in marriage — although he had mostly blurted it out, rather than to ask for their permission. But as spring had approached and they were now in mid-June, their wedding day had finally arrived.

Lexi was feeling off-weather for more than a week now, and everyone assumed that it was due to the fact that her wedding was nearing and she was growing more nervous than ever.

There was only two hours left to the wedding ceremony and Lexi was facing a big issue, in her opinion. Although Hermione and Ginny were trying desperately to tell her that everything was fine. Her mother, Lisa, had gone down to bring her a warm cup of tea like she used to make her before bed when Lexi was a kid.

"You're just overthinking this whole thing, Lexi," Hermione tried to reason for the hundredth time. "This problem is fixable! You'll look beautiful! Trust me!"

     "Overthinking?" Lexi repeated in disbelief. "Hermione, this is a crisis!"

     "This girl's got her priorities right," Ginny said sarcastically as she was sitting on an armchair beside the window with her new-born, Lily, in her arms.

     But then the room's door opened and Lisa came inside with a hot cup of tea and milk in her hands. She was already dressed up, and so were Hermione and Ginny, wearing their bridesmaid dresses.

     Ginny had helped Lexi with her make up and Hermione had done a charm on her hair, but Lexi was not dressed yet and she was still in her light pink silk nightgown robe.

     "There you go, honey," Lisa said kindly, handing Lexi the cup of tea. "Just the way you like it."

     "Oh, Mum, you're an angel!" Lexi sighed happily, sipping on the tea.

     "Hey, why don't you girls go down and help Mrs. Weasley? She's having trouble keeping a look on the kids, and Ron seems unable to get Hugo to stop crying today." Lisa told Ginny and Hermione with a kind smile and so they nodded, leaving the room after sending Lexi a sympathetic look.

     "Listen, honey," Lisa started, sitting on the bed beside Lexi, "you really don't have to worry about your dress."

     "But it doesn't fit anymore!" Lexi groaned miserably. "I've been stress-eating!"