Chapter 60

Fred and I made a silence agreement as to not speak about the events and conversations of that night anymore.

But throughout the next month, I couldn't take the thought out of my head each time that I glanced down at the familiar necklace around my neck and I was determined to talk to Sirius about it next time that I saw him.

     But even with all those messy thoughts dangling in my head, Fred and George never ceased to distract me and take my mind off it as they joked around.

Lee and I tried to help them sell their products in exchange for a part of the money they earned; which really helped me out, seeing as I was fully out of the Muggle money I had with me last year.

     It was now a week before Gryffindor's first Quidditch match which was against Slytherin.

     "Ron's getting really good as of lately in practices," said George as we sat in the Great Hall for dinner, along with Lee, after their practice.

     "Yeah," Fred nodded in agreement, grinning. "We're seriously considering admitting that he's related to us."

     "Trust me," said George. "We've been trying to deny it for four years now."

     I chuckled, but soon my mind carried me away to the possibilities of being a Squib.

     But what confused me most, was that if my mother really was a Witch, then why was Dumbledore hiding it from me?

***

The weather was snowy on the day of the first Quidditch match of the season. Fred and George were boasting with confidence as we walked to the Great Hall, grinning.

But our smiles faded as soon as we saw the Slytherins wearing crown-like badges, which read 'Weasley is our king.'

"Uh oh," I muttered to myself as soon as I remembered Harry, Fred, and George were going to get into a fight with Malfoy soon after the match because of him insulting their families, and Umbridge was going to ban them from playing Quidditch.

I knew Dumbledore had told me not to change anything unless he asked me to, but I thought that he couldn't possibly know if I changed a few tiny details.

So the moment the three of us sat down behind the Gryffindor table, I said, "I want you guys to promise me something."

"What?" said the twins at the same time, looking at me curiously.

"Promise me that no matter what Malfoy says to you after the match, you would just ignore him."

"What are you talking about?" George raised a brow.

"Just trust me, alright?" I sighed. "I know what I'm talking about."

"We're not going to hex Malfoy anymore," said George.

"Yeah, we got our lesson," said Fred grimly, throwing a quick glance at my knuckle which was now almost completely healed.

After a few minutes, Angelina came hurrying towards us with Katy and Alicia following her right behind.

"Are you guys ready?" she said to Fred and George after reaching us. "We better go down to the pitch; you know, to check out conditions."

"Yeah," Fred and George said in sync, standing up.

"Wish us luck," Fred winked at me and with that, they followed the three girls out of the Hall and I sighed to myself, hoping that they would listen to me and not do anything stupid.

     I continued to eat my breakfast, but my head shot up in shock as I heard a loud realistic lion roar.

     Looking sideways, my eyes widened in excitement as I saw Luna Lovegood sitting at the Gryffindor table, wearing a large hat which looked like a lion.

     Smiling broadly to myself, I immediately abandoned my plate and walked towards her.

     "Hello," I said and with that, she looked up at me with her dreamy gaze. "Do you mind if I sit here?"

     "Of course not," she smiled, gesturing at me to sit next to her and so I did.

     "You're supporting Gryffindor then, huh?" I asked with a chuckle, pointing at her hat.

     "Yes, I am," she nodded brightly. "You're Lexi Hooper," she said matter of factly and out if nowhere, looking up at me curiously. "I love your hair."

     I took aback at those words. I hadn't combed it in a week.

     "Er... thanks," I said, unsure. "So do you wanna go down to the stands together? The match's about to start."

     "Oooh, yes," she said cheerfully, giving her lion hat another roar and I chuckled again.

       I never considered Luna as one of my favorite characters, but I loved reading about her so much, finding everything she said or did highly fascinating.

     And now that I was walking next to her, I was feeling the same way about her, as I questioned her about Nargles for amusement and she answered delightfully.

As we sat in the stands and waited for the match to start, I couldn't hide the fact that I was excited, seeing as this was the first Quidditch game I was going to witness in real life.

When both teams flew to the pitch and the match began, the Slytherins started to sing a song that I was tempted not to sing along, because shamefully, I had it memorized.

"Weasley cannot save a thing,
He cannot block a single ring,
That's why Slytherins all sing:
Weasley is our King."

Luna stood up beside me and her lion-hat roared and muffled out the Slytherin's song to our ears for a few seconds.

But the moment Ron let the first goal in, the loud cheers of the Slytherins erupted the place once more.

But at last, Harry caught the snitch and brought the victory to Gryffindors. Everyone else was cheering, except for me.

I bit my lip anxiously, looking down to see Malfoy snarling words at Harry's direction.

I couldn't hear him, but I sure knew what he was saying the moment Fred and George turned on him angrily.

"Please don't..." I muttered to myself miserably, watching them. But as if they had completely forgotten my warning, they quickly leaped forward onto him.

Angeline, Katy, and Angelina were holding Fred back, but Harry and George were now punching Malfoy furiously.

The crowd fell silent as they watched the scene, until Madam Hooch finally went forward and dragged them apart forcefully.

"What do you think you're doing!?" she screamed. "I've never seen behavior like it — back up to the castle, both of you, and straight to your Head of House's office! Go! Now!"