Chapter 61

George and Harry angrily left the pitch and only when Madam Hooch took Malfoy away did the girls let Fred go, who was breathing furiously.

"Sorry, Luna. But — but I have to go," I told her and before hearing her goodbye, I left the stands and ran towards the rest of the team who were walking to the common room bitterly.

"What happened!?" I said sharply as I reached Fred. "I thought I told you not to do anything!"

"You didn't hear what that scumbag was saying about our parents!" he snapped. "You would've done the same."

I bit the inside of my cheeks to prevent myself from saying that now the three of them were going to be banned from playing, in from of the Angelina, Alicia, and Katie until we reached the common room, where we were joined by Ginny and Hermione.

We all sat there in silence, waiting for Harry and George who finally showed up after what felt like hours.

"What happened?" asked Angelina quickly, jumping to her feet.

"She banned us from playing Quidditch," Harry mumbled bitterly. "Me, George, and Fred."

     "Fred too?" Hermione's eyes widened.

"Banned," said Angelina in a hollow voice. "Banned. No Seeker and no Beaters... What on earth are we going to do?"

"It's just so unfair," said Alicia numbly. "I mean, what about Crabbe and that Bludger he hit after the whistle had been blown? Has he banned him?"

"No," said Ginny miserably. "He just got lines, I heard Montague laughing about it earlier."

"And banning Fred when he didn't even do anything!" said Alicia furiously.

"It's not my fault I didn't," said Fred, with a very grim look on his face. "I would've pounded the little scumbag to a pulp if you three hadn't been holding me back."

Silence fell among us all again as we stared at the ground, everyone probably cursing Umbridge in their heads.

"I'm going to bed," said Angelina at last, getting slowly to her feet. "Maybe this will all turn out to have been a bad dream... Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and find we haven't played yet..."

With that, Angelina went up to the girls' dormitory, followed by Alicia and Katie.

  I sat there, glaring at Fred and George, my arms crossed as I gave them a disapproving look.

"What?" said George, but the moment I opened my mouth, he beat me into it, saying, "And don't say I told you so!"

"Well, I did tell you!" I retorted, huffing. "Look, I broke my promise to Dumbledore to warn you about Malfoy, and you go and beat him up anyway. I told you to leave him alone!"

"Why are you trying to protect him?" said Fred, frowning.

"What!?" I exclaimed, realizing that it was a mistake telling him that I used to have a crush on Draco's character before.

"Look," I started, lowering my voice. "I warned you because I knew you'd get banned from playing and didn't want it to happen, because I knew how much Quidditch means to you. And you accuse me of trying to defend him?"

There was pause as George, Ginny, Hermione, and Harry stared awkwardly between us, until Fred's face relaxed and he gave me an apologetic look.

"You're right," he sighed, giving me a small guilty smile. "I'm sorry."

***

December soon arrived, bringing with it the white snow and more homework for us fifth years, bending us down from working too hard.

The lake had frozen as we neared winter and snow was covering the grounds of Hogwarts magnificently.

The D.A. lessons went on and each time that I found myself alone in the common room, I took out my fake wand and practiced the spells and its movements, even though I knew nothing was going to happen.

That day, I was sitting on my usual spot in the Gryffindor common room on the seat by the windowsill, studying Potions, that my head shot up when Fred snatched the book out of my hands.

"Oi!" I exclaimed, jumping to my feet and saw Fred ans George there, grinning at me mischievously. I rolled my eyes. "Ugh... what now?"

"We've decided that you've studied enough," said George.

"You have, have you?" I raised a suspicious brow at them.

"You ought to enjoy life a bit more, Lex," said Fred. "We're worried about you."

"Are you, now?" I scoffed.

"Yes," they answered together and with that, they walked towards me and took ahold of each of my arms, dragging me out like they always did.

"Will you stop doing that!?" I said sharply.

"No," was their short answer.

"At least can you tell me where you're taking me?"

"No."

***

The twins finally let go of me when we reached the Black Lake, where the students were enjoying the day by ice-skating on the frozen water.

George then took out his wand and pointed it at the back of his shoes and the next moment, they turned into ice-skating shoes.

"C'mon, Lex," said Fred , turning to me after he had done the same to himself. "Raise your feet; I can put the spell on your shoes for you."

"Yeah... no, I don't think so," I shook my head, stepping backwards.

"Why not?" Fred raised a brow, taking a step closer to me with a grin.

"I can't skate."

"You don't have to worry, love," he shook a hand at me reassuringly. "I'll help you."

"No, I'll fall! I don't know how to do it!"

"You'll learn!"

"But I don't like it!"

"How would you know you don't like it if you've never tried it!"

"I just know!"

"Quit being stubborn!"

"You quit being stubborn!"

     "Give me your leg!"

     "No!"

George groaned, rolling his eyes. "You two sound like an old-married couple, I swear."

     "Oh, shut up," I said with a grin. "I know you ship it, Weasley. Don't deny it."

"Ship?" George raised a confused brow. "What the heck do you mean?"