Chapter 161

The next morning, I woke up to the rays of sun shining into the room and against my eyes. So groaning to myself, I pulled the blankets up to my face.

"Ugh... why is it so bright?" I mumbled grumpily.

"It's called the sun, Lexi. Honestly, what did they teach you in the Muggle world?"

Smiling to myself at Fred's familiar voice, I slowly lowered the blanket, seeing Fred across the room as he was already dressed, now putting his coat on.

Fred grinned at me. "Hello, Sexy Lexi."

"Hey," I said with a chuckle, yawning. Fred then walked toward the bed and leaned down to kiss me, but I was quick to pull the sheets up to my mouth. "Morning breath."

Fred shook his head at me playfully and opened his mouth to probably make a witty comment, but we both came to a halt when we heard a knock on the door.

Before we could come to ourselves and stop the person from coming in, George opened the door.

"DON'T COME IN!" Fred shouted, but it was too late.

I squealed and immediately went back under the covers, seeing as I was completely naked underneath it.

"What the bloody hell is going on in here?" George asked.

"Er... nothing," said Fred and I felt myself blush. "Just go — we'll be down in a few minutes."

"But I was just trying to check up on Lexi —"

"She's fine. Go on! Shoo!" And then I heard the door close.

Still red in the face, I slightly lowered the blanket again. "Well, that was... embarrassing."

Fred laughed, shaking a hand at me. "Don't worry 'bout it. George won't judge us. But he will make jokes, though."

"That's exactly what I'm afraid of."

He chuckled, but then an awkward silence fell between us. I tried to sit up straight and lean against the headboard as I raised the sheets up to my chest.

"Ugh," I groaned in pain. "My body's too sore..."

"Yes, that is usually the side effect." Fred gave me cheeky smile.

"I meant because of my wounds, you idiot!" I said as I threw a pillow at him and we both laughed.

"C'mon, you better get ready," said Fred, "I can't keep George quiet for too long. We should go down, or he'll just start with the jokes from behind the door once he realizes what had happened."

I giggled. "Fine. Then turn around so I can get dressed."

"Then what was the point of last night —?"

"It's too bright right now! So turn around, Weasley!" I shouted jokingly, making him chuckle as he turned his back on me.

Hugging the blanket around myself just in case, I got out of bed to search for pieces of my clothings which were each thrown in a different direction.

I took off the silver silk sleeping robe from the floor and put it on the nightstand with a grimace. "I don't think Fleur would want this back."

"What?" Fred mused, turning slightly around.

"Oi!" I snapped, hugging the blanket tighter around me.

But Fred just gave me a disappointed look. "You weren't supposed to have a blanket on you."

"And you weren't supposed to turn around!"

Fred sighed, watching me walk around the room. "What exactly are you doing, Lex?"

"Searching for the stuff I was wearing under the stupid robe last night."

"Just grab new ones from your trunk."

"That's not the point," I said, bending down to look under the bed.

"Then enlighten me, Hooper," Fred started teasingly, "what is the point?"

"The point is that I don't want someone to walk into this room and see it laying around somewhere. It's weird."

"Well, if Sirius is the one who's gonna come here, then you wouldn't have to be afraid."

"Why not?"

"Because we won't be alive long after to worry about being embarrassed."

I laughed at that, but then shook my head at him. "You know, this is your fault too."

"What? How is it my fault?"

"Because I wasn't the one who undressed myself!"

"If I recall correctly, it was actually teamwork." He winked at me.

I failed to hold back a chuckle so I just rolled my eyes at him playfully, before finally finding them and then taking new clothes out of my trunk, getting ready for the day.

So with that, Fred and I left the bedroom and went into the kitchen where George was lazily preparing breakfast.

"You feeling better, Snappy?" George asked me as he waved his wand to set the plates flying toward the table.

"Er... yeah," I muttered, sharing a look with Fred, realizing that George hadn't figured out about us.

Yet.

"Any news from the others?" Fred asked as we all sat down.

"No." George shook his head. "But everyone was fine last night. Hopefully nothing has happened since we left."

"The trouble is that even I don't know much about what will happen from now on," I said with a sigh.

"How come?" Fred mused.

"I only know about Harry, Ron, and Hermione... but I'm not too sure about anything else," I said earnestly.

"Well, there goes our hopes for asking you for advice about what we should do with the shop," said Fred.

"Look, just do whatever you think is right," I said. "Just go along in the same way that you would've if I weren't here."

"That's kinda impossible," George started, "you're too loud, it's pretty hard to ignore your presence."

"Hey!" I snapped, making the two boys snigger.

But then we all came to a halt and glanced around at each other unsurely when we heard a knock at the door of the flat, all of us tensing up and grabbing for our wands.

        I made a move to stand up so I could answer the door, but Fred stopped me and said, "Stay here. I'll see who it is."

        So Fred hesitantly made his way over the door. George and I had both gotten to our feet as well, our wands at the ready just in case.

       All I knew now was that the Death Eaters were going to dark measures to find out where Harry was, starting with the members of the Order. I knew they were even going to torture Tonks's father for it.

        What if they were here now? Or what if they had come to take me in, seeing as they thought I was a Muggleborn? What if they hurt Fred and George because of me?

         But when Fred finally opened the door, we saw Sirius standing on the other side.

      "Sirius!" I exclaimed, blinking a few times in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

        "We need to talk, Lexi," said Sirius, turning to face me with an unreadable expression. "It's about R.A.B."