Chapter 1

Nicole just got done moving into her dorm for her first year of college. After her parents and Jamal, her mom's boyfriend, left she looked around at her room and admired how how good it looked after her and her mom got done decorating it. She looked over at the other side of the dorm and it was nicely decorated as well. Suddenly, her roommate walked in. Her roommate got there before her so it was her first time seeing her.

Makayla, her old friend walks in.

"You have got to be kidding me", Nicole said.

Back in high school MaKayla and Nicole were good friends. They were BEST friends. That was all until Makayla spread a rumor about Nicole making Nicole seem like the hoe of the school after they had an agreement one night.

"My roommate's name was Kiara", Nicole said

"Well now its Makayla. They moved me here today. Looks like we'll be roomies", Makayla said as she walked to her side of the room.

"This is going to be a long year", Nicole said.

Makayla looks at her. "Nicole, listen I am sorry about what I did in high school. I got mad at you and I was dumb okay?", Makayla said. "I know now you don't trust me and I get that, but I hope you can find it in her heart to forgive me"

Nicole was quiet.

"...we do have to live together", Makayla stated. "I mean like Nicole you knew I wanted to come to this school.. especially to New York"

"Yea..didn't expect for you do be my roommate though", Nicole said as she walked to her bags.

Makayla watched her. "I'm not the same person any more and yes you were right that night at the game. I did like guys take advantage of me and I belittled myself. I know that I'm worth more", Makayla said. "I've calmed down a lot"

Nicole looks at her.

"I shouldn't have turn a sensitive matter of you getting raped into something so ignorant", MaKayla said. "Especially since I got scared and ran and left you... I shouldn't have did that. I don't know what was wrong with me"

Nicole rolls her eyes and looks away.

"And I'm sorry about Jakobi even though that is long over due", Makayla said. "You blocked me on everything so I couldn't get in touch with you"

Nicole looks down. "Thanks", she said as she got her clothes out so she could hand or food them up.

Makayla gets on her bed. "I know I'm probably the last person you wanna hang out with but they are having the party on campus and I don't know anyone up here, so I was wondering if you wanted to go", she said.

Nicole started to think.

"We don't have to be together the whole time but I at least don't wanna walk up there alone", Makayla said.

"That's really not my problem", Nicole said.

"You're right", Makayla said. "But anyways it's a party tonight, it might be fun"

"..I guess it isn't a harm to meet new people though...I'll walk there with you but I won't be partying with you", Nicole said. "And I'm not doing this for you, I'm doing this because I wanna go too"