Chapter 5

Later that week, Danielle invited Nicole and Makayla to a party. So they are currently getting ready.

Makayla was in the mirror doing her makeup.

"I really shouldn't even be going", Nicole said. "Kinda promised my mom no parties"

"Danielle listen, you've been upset most of the week and you've studied enough", she said. "Think you deserve to have some fun"

"Especially since you didn't stay at the last party...and I didn't either because you ran off", Makayla said.

"Well nobody told you to go after me", Nicole said.

"Nicole could you just stop it for one day?? I fucked up, I know. I'm really sorry. I've been trying to make it right this whole week!", Makayla said.

Nicole didn't say anything.

"Nicole can I talk to you outside in the hall for a sec?", Danielle asked.

Nicole and Danielle walked out in the hall way.

"Okay so Makayla told me everything. What she did and ... I mean I don't blame you for acting the way that you did but I believe that she's truly, truly sorry", Danielle said. "I don't think she's that person anymore, I believe her head is in a different place now"

"You barely know her", Nicole said.

"You're right... but I never seen anyway cry over a friendship the way she did when she told me what happened", Danielle said.

"Makayla can be very rehearsed at times", Nicole said. "She should really look into acting"

Danielle sighs. "All I'm saying is it's nothing wrong with having your guard up..and nothing wrong with giving somebody a second chance either. If she messes up again, then you know she can't be trusted for sure.

Nicole sighs. "I'll see about it", Nicole said.

"At least be nice because she hasn't yet said anything rude to you yet", Danielle said.

"You're right", Nicole said.

"Now let's finish getting ready", Danielle said as they went back in.

"Makayla I apologize for being rude", Nicole said.

"It's okay", Makayla said.

———————————-

They got to the party and guys were already looking at them.

"Damn girl, what's yo name?", a guy said.

"He's gotta be drunk already", Makayla said as she chuckled.

Nicole looks at the guy and he winked. Nicole looked away and followed Makayla and Danielle.

"Remember, we come together and we leave together. One of us gets drunk? We do not let them go anywhere with another guy", Danielle said.

"I will not be drinking so you don't have to worry about me with that one", Nicole said.

"That's new", Makayla said with a smile.

"Shhh. That's the old me", Nicole said.

"What??", Danielle said. "Let me find out Nicole been getting wild"

Makayla starts dancing as she goes to the dance floor.

"I'm going to find somebody to dance with", Danielle said as she make her way to a guy dancing.

Nicole smiles and shakes her head. She looks over and sees a girl dancing on Tre and Tre dancing with her. Nicole stops looking and thinks to herself.