Chapter 39

Tre did come over and talk to Josh about what happened when he first saw Kobi. After Josh and Tre were done talking, Tre and Nicole went outside.

"So, what did he say?", Nicole asked.

"Nothing", Tre said.

"He had to say something",  Nicole said.

"Nicole, he didn't say nothing", Tre said.

Nicole rolled his eyes.

"Why does it matter? Kobi don't even want to see y'all. He acted like an asshole with me and with Mr. White", Tre said.

Nicole folded her arms. "He won't act like one with me", Nicole said.

"You don't know that. Besides, Mr. White thinks that he in some stuff that might put him in harms way so he don't want you near him", Tre said.

"Bad things usually happen at night right?", Nicole asked.

"No. Stuff happens in the broad daylight too", Tre said.

"But for the most part at night, so what you're going to do is take me to the same place you dropped Kobi off at", Nicole said.

"I already did", Tre said.

"I don't think you did. I think you took me somewhere else", Nicole said.

Tre shook his head.

"Take me please", Nicole said.

"No", Tre said.

"Yes", Nicole said. "Or I will not talk to you until you do"

"Nicole, please stop threatening me with that alright", Tre said. "I can't take you. Stop being so spoiled, you can't get your way all of the time"

"...Okay", Nicole said.

"Thank you", Tre said.

"Ain't you the one who said I can have whatever I want?", Nicole asked.

"Yea, I meant materialistically. When I graduate and start making money then yes", Tre said.

Nicole sighed. "I just really wanna see my brother. All this time I blamed myself for something that didn't even happen. I just want to lay eyes on him", Nicole said.

"...just to lay eyes on him and from a distance", Tre said.

Nicole nods.

"Come on", he said. "I don't even know if he'll be there though"

Nicole smiled. "Worth the shot though right?", she asked.

"I guess", Tre said as he got in the car.

Nicole got in the car and Tre drove off.

"I gotta work tonight so I gotta be back home by like 6", Tre said.

"Okay", Nicole replied.

Tre continued to drive until he got to the location. He parked a few house down and they sat there.

Nicole looked around and noticed where she was at. She was in the same neighborhood she got raped in.

Tre looked at her as she started to look a little uncomfortable. "You okay?", he asked.

Nicole looked at him. "Yea. I'm fine", Nicole said.