Chapter 58

Continuation of the last chapter...

After Tre followed Jakobi, Nicole went into the house. KJ was watching toddler, YouTube videos on the TV while Clarissa was sitting on the couch and on her phone.

"Hey", Nicole said. "Where's my dad?"

"He went upstairs. I told him, I'd look after KJ while he was on the phone", Clarissa said.

"Thank you", Nicole said.

"You're welcome", Clarissa said.

"...do you know who he was on the phone with?", Nicole asked.

"No. I think it was a female though by the way he was talking", Clarissa said.

Nicole nods. "I'll be right back", Nicole said before she went upstairs.

Clarissa made a face as she called Jakobi but he didn't answer.

Clarissa sighed.

——

(WITH NICOLE)

Nicole walked upstairs and walked near Josh's room.  She heard noises. Nicole got closer to the door so she could make out the words.

"Asia, first of all we were young as hell. We got married way too fast. I wasn't in the right space and neither were you. That's why we didn't last....look at the end of the day, I'm not going to beg you to come back to me. I've come to terms with that and accepted that a long time ago. I can go out here and get me somebody else. But what you not about to do it play with my emotions. It's either you want me or you don't. If not, say that shit...see this is what I'm talking about. You go from, you want me but not now, that of which I'm fine with, this you say you don't want me then you say I don't know. Which is it?....hello?...Asia? Hello?", he said.

Nicole walked into the room.

Josh looked at his phone and put it back to his ear. "Asia?", he said.

"Dad, somethings wrong", Nicole said.

"Shh", he said as he tried to listen closer on the other end. He heard grunting, like someone was fighting.

Nicole watched him.

Josh stood up. He didn't know what to do because Asia was all the way up in New York. To be sure, he hung up and called again but got no answer.

"Is mom okay?", Nicole asked.

"I don't know", he said. "But what did you wanna say? What's wrong?"

Nicole told him what happened.

"So, Jakobi is the reason why Elijah did what he did to you?", Josh asked.

"...he wanted to hurt me, so that way Jakobi would come out of hiding", Nicole said. "And now that I felt, I think someone is after mom or us and I don't know"

Josh sat down for a moment. His heart was racing. Too much stuff was happening at once and he didn't know what to do.

"...dad, do you hear me? I think mom is in danger. Not only that but Kobi too", Nicole said.

Josh didn't say anything.

Nicole started tearing up.

"Where's Tre?", Josh asked.

"I think Jakobi is going back to Elijah. Tre followed him", Nicole said.

Josh stood up and grabbed his jacket and put it on.

"Why?", Nicole asked.

"Nothing. Stay here", Josh said as he walked out the room.

Nicole told Josh where Elijah was so that's where he was going.