Chapter 10

The next weekend, Nicole, Asia, Jamal, Kim, Josh, and Josh's son Junior went out for dinner.

"It was great for you to join us Junior", Asia said.

"Although I don't remember much, it's good to see you guys again", Junior said.

Asia looks at Josh and he's looking at her. Asia smiles a little and begins to eat as she looked down.

Jamal watches them as they did that but stayed quiet.

"So are you in school?", Nicole asked.

"Yea. I'm going for business", Junior said.

"That's good", Asia said. "Do you wanna start a business? I could help you with that"

"You could?", he asked.

"Yes. I do own a business and your father does too, of course", Asia said.

"Yea, me and Asia could show you a thing or two", Josh said as he looked at Asia

Jamal let out a deep breath.

Asia looked at Jamal. "You okay?", she asked.

"Yea", he said as he looked like he didn't wanna be there. "I'm good"

Kim looked at Jamal.

"Babe, can I talk to you for a sec", Asia said as she got up.

Jamal got up too and followed her.

"What's wrong?", she asked.

"I been meaning to ask you this shit because shit ain't been feeling right when you and Josh are in the same room", he said.

"What is that supposed to mean?", Asia asked.

"Meaning what the fuck is going on between y'all?", he asked.

"Jamal nothing is going on between us", she replied.

"Asia I see the way you look at him every time he's around", Jamal said. "...the same way you look at me"

"Jamal, we can talk about this later", asia said,

"If we don't talk about this now, we can call this relationship quits", Jamal said.

Asia made a face. "Are you serious right now?", she asked. "If this is about what happened when Kobi was killed, I told you we squared things away"

Jamal looked to the side.

"...is this why you never popped the question? Because you think I still love him?", she asked.

"I didn't say you did...I just wanted to be sure", Jamal said.

"Jamal, I can't be with him. The only person that I can be with is you. The only person that I want is you", Asia said. "Nobody else. You"

Asia touched his cheek. "I love you Jamal and you are my future", she said.

Jamal looked down then at her. "This is what I've been wanting to talk to you about lately but I didn't wanna hear the answer if it was yes and I didn't wanna look stupid like I am now if it was no", he said.

"I must admit. You look stupid", she said jokely.

Jamal sucked his teeth.

Asia smiled. "I'm playing...but hey it's better to ask than to just sit and wonder", she said. "We are in a relationship and should be able to talk about things so I'm glad you did. I didn't know that was bothering you"

"Guess I hide that well huh?", he asked.

"I guess so... but let's go back to the table. My food is getting cold", she said.

"And I know you don't play about your food", Jamal said.

Asia chuckled as they walked back to the table.

"So, Nic how's school going?", Josh asked.

Nicole shrugged her shoulders. "School is school", she said.

"What? That boy done did some dumb shit again??", josh asked.

"Dad, school is school. That's it. I've met a few people but only really hang out with one person", Nicole said.

Josh nods. "Yes. Don't be out here letting these niggas take your focus away from your books", Josh said.

"Yea, especially those college dudes. They'll say anything to get a little sum", Junior said.

Nicole rolled her eyes. "Nobody is talking to anybody", she said. "I've made A's on my first two college tests. I've been in my books pretty well", she said.

"That's enough Josh. She's a smart girl", Asia said.

Josh nods.

"See this is why I love you mom", Nicole said.

Asia smiles.

Josh makes a face and touches his chest. "I'm hurt", he said sarcastically but he was serious.

"No hard feelings", Nicole said.

Junior chuckles.

Josh looks at Junior.

Junior looks away and eats as if he was laughing. But he still had a smile on his face.

"Wow, my own children", Josh said as he shook his head.

————————————-

Nicole decided to stay the night Friday and Saturday, then Sunday morning Asia dropped her off back at school. Once Nicole got out the car and got her bag, she said bye to her mom and her mom left. She walked into the building where her dorm was and as she walked to the elevator she heard her name being called, she turned around and it was Tre. She ignored him and continued walking but Tre caught up to her.

"You do know I used to run track?", he asked. "Therefore I don't mind running after you all day"

Nicole tried not to smile as she stopped walking looked at him. "You know what, I will stop because you are my child's father. So the question is, is this about my child", she asked.

"Our child", he said correcting her.

"You barely know him", she said.

"Well I'm trying to", he said.

"You didn't answer my question", she said.

"No. It's about me and you", he said.

"Then that's where I walk away", she said.

"No, please", he said.

"Tre, I don't wanna be with a lair okay? Besides, you have hoes to tend to", she said.

"Hoes?", Tre asked.

"I saw you talking to that girl last week in the cafeteria at dinner. Smiling and giggling and shit", she said.

"What? No. She wanted Chris. Not me", Tre explained.

"I don't care who she wanted. Moral to the story is, I don't want you", Nicole said as she walked to the elevator.

"Nicole can we please-"

Nicole cut him off. "Tre, you're harassing me", she said.

Tre got quiet.

The elevator doors open and Nicole walked in as Tre walked back to the table that him, Chris and some girl was at in the lobby.

"What she say?", Chris asked.

"I don't even wanna talk about that bruh", Tre said with a attitude as he sat down.

"Okay then", Chris said.

TO BE CONTINUED...