Chapter 3

Later that day after Nicole got out of her last class she went to her room. Makayla wasn't there and she hoped she wasn't coming in the room any time soon. Nicole took her shoes off and hoped in the bed and called her dad.

Her dad answer. "Hey, Nic. I was just getting ready to call you", he said.

"Oh really?", Nicole asked.

"Umm, Yea? ", he said. "Wait, you mad at me or something. What did I do?"

"I don't know dad you tell me", Nicole said.

"I don't know", he said.

"...did you see Tre after I got pregnant", she asked.

"...I did", he said.

"And what did he say?", she asked.

"Why you asking about him?", he asked.

"Dad can you please just answer the question", Nicole asked.

"He asked about you. Said he wanted to talk to you", he said.

"Okay and what did you say?", she asked.

"I told him to leave you alone and don't come to to my house again", he said. "Which needed to happen because he had no business getting you pregnant"

Nicole palms her face.

"I told him what he needed to hear. He ignored you and he had cause enough trouble", he said. "You ain't need him"

"Dad, really?", Nicole asked as she started crying. "Maybe I don't but KJ does. Just like I needed to when you left us for all those years"

"KJ has a full support system", he said. "Your mom didn't have family to help support y'all, neither did I"

"Dad you don't get what I'm saying. Growing up I would've killed to bring you back. I mean yea, G was cool and all but as an uncle. I wanted my dad, my real dad, not a step dad. You, I wanted you in my life and you weren't there. Do you know how that made me feel?", she asked.

Her dad was silent.

"But now these past few years that you've been back I've just wanted you to be gone again. Especially, now. Here I am thinking that some other guy hurt me but really it was my own dad!", Nicole said before she hung up.

Nicole sat there for a while and thought about wether she regretted saying that to him or not.

Makayla walks in.

"Hey", she said.

"Hey", Nicole replied.

Makayla puts her things down. "I wanna go back to high school", she said.

Nicole didn't say anything.

Makayla looks at her.

Nicole's phone starts ringing and it was her dad. She sent it to voicemail and put her phone on do not disturb.

Makayla looked away and sat at her desk.

Nicole got under the covers and watched YouTube videos on her laptop.

"I'm having a friend come over in a few minutes if that's okay", Makayla said.

Nicole nods.

"...Nicole...I'm sorry okay", Makayla said.

"I understand that Makayla", she said. "But..Sorry isn't good enough. You did me dirty"

Makayla looked down.

Makayla's phone notification went off and she left the room.

5 minutes later she came back in with her friend. Nicole didn't look they way.

"Nicole", a familiar voice said.

Nicole looked over and it was Danielle.

"Hey girl. This is a small world", she said.

Nicole sat up.

"I didn't know y'all knew each other", Makayla said.

"Yea I met her today", Danielle said.

Makayla nods.

"Nicole we were going to talk and play some uno, you wanna join", Danielle asked.

"...sure", Nicole said as she got off the bed. "Better then thinking about what I'm going through"

"What's wrong?", Makayla asked.

"Like I'd tell you", Nicole said.

Danielle make a face. "Okay so I see that you two aren't on the best of terms", she said.

"Long story", Makayla said.

"Let's just say watch what you say to her", Nicole said.

Makayla looked at Nicole like why did you say that.

Nicole smiles at her.

"Okay. Let's start the game", Danielle said trying to change the subject.

—————————————————-

The next morning Nicole had new classes to look for. When she found her morning class she was a bit early. She sat down and got on her phone. Suddenly she feels a presences next to her and then sit down.

Nicole looks at them and it's Tre.

"You know I'm not the type of guy to give up", he said.

Nicole looked back at her phone.

Tre looked at her phone and saw her background. It was her and a little boy. "Is that him?", he asked.

Nicole places her phone face down. "You're harassing me and I don't like it", she said.

"So you really don't believe me?", Tre asked.

"...actually I do. I talked to my dad and he told me", she said.

"Okay so why the attitude?", he asked .

"Because you never tried", she said.

"If I never tired then I wouldn't be here", he said.

Nicole looks down.

"I know it's hard for you to trust people after the things that happened to you", he said. "But Nicole I would never lie to you... especially about something this big"

Nicole looked at him.

"I just wanna meet my son", he said.

Nicole clears her throat. "Friday my mom is supposed to be picking me up so we can go to movies Saturday.... I'll ask her to bring him", she said. "But you have to be outside my dorm building on time. Don't mess it up"

"Do you live far?", he asked.

"No. 20 minutes away", she said.

"...could we drive up there today? I have a car and My last class ends at 1", he said.

"I'll think about it", she said.

"Well could I give you my number so You can let me know?", he asked.

"Do you still have the same number?", she asked.

"Yea", he said.

"Well I'll just get it from off my blocked list when I unblock you", she said.

Tre didn't say anything he just looked at her.

The professor walks in and Nicole moves over a seat so it's a seat in between them.

Tre shakes his head.

TO BE CONTINUED....