Chapter 31

It's been a couple of weeks since Jamal's funeral. Kim has been taking it better than everyone thought but she was still missing her dad. She just distracted herself with school and dance. Asia was taking it the worst, but she didn't show it as much. Especially around the kids. But, Nicole knew Asia like the bad of her hand and she knew her mom wasn't okay. Nicole would come over more frequently than usual to make sure she kept her spirits up. She didn't want Asia to go downhill again. Josh left last week after Asia argued with josh about how she was fine by herself.

Tre took KJ and Raelynn to the park while Nicole stayed with Asia for an hour or so.

"That boy better take care of my baby", Asia said.

"He will mom", Nicole said.

"You didn't even ask me", Asia said. "You don't do that, okay?"

"Mom, I was just trying to help", Nicole said.

"I don't care! What did I say?", Asia asked.

Nicole made a face. "Okay, mom", Nicole replied.

Asia continued to clean up.

"Mom, I'll clean", Nicole said.

"No I don't want you to", Asia said.

Nicole rolled her eyes. "I see why dad left", Nicole mumbled.

Asia looked at nicole and stopped. "Excuse me??", Asia said?

"I said...I see why dad left last week", Nicole said with her arms folded.

"You're dad left because I told him too", Asia said.

"Why though?", Nicole asked.

"Because he doesn't need to be here", Asia said.

"Why? So, you can just throw your life away for years like you did last time or so you can just ignore Raelynn like you did to me and Kobi?", Nicole asked.

"I did not ignore you guys", Asia said.

"Well mom you sure weren't there. Your job was the only thing that mattered", Nicole said. "That isn't going to happen again"

"That isn't true Nicole. Stop talking while you're ahead", Asia said.

"It is true mom", Nicole said.

"Nicole! I am tired of your smart ass mouth!", Asia shouted. "Just shut up"

Nicole got quiet.

"Go to your room or something", Asia said.

Nicole sighed and went upstairs.

Asia sighed as she sat down on the couch and started crying.

Nicole walked into her room and called Tre but he didn't answer at first so she called again.

"Hello?", Tre said when he answered the phone.

"Everything okay?", Nicole asked.

"Yea. These two together are something else", Tre said.

Nicole chuckled a little. "Yea. They are", she said. "But when we're you coming back?", Nicole asked.

"Why? Is everything okay?", Tre asked.

"Nah. My mom is literally just going downhill", Nicole said. "Even Jayla, her best friend, can't even help. Like my mom is dead ass shutting everybody out again"

"...Damn", Tre said.

"I know", Nicole said.

Suddenly, Nicole heard Tre getting an incoming call.