Chapter 44

Asia and Nicole walked into Josh's shop.

"Hey, thought you had the day off", Josh said to Nicole.

"Daddy you're in trouble", Nicole said.

Josh looked at Asia.

"What I do?", he asked.

Suddenly, Jakobi walks in. 

"You didn't tell me", Asia said.

"Listen, let me explain", Josh said. 

"They isn't shit you can explain to me! He is my son! My child! I should know!", Asia said.

"How about we take this outside", Josh said calmly.

"No", Asia said. "I wanna know w-

Josh cut her off, he was getting a little mad. "I don't know if you noticed but we're in my place of business", he said. "One thing you're not going to do is be yelling up in here"

Jakobi and Nicole watched them.

"Now like I said let's set outside, in the back", Josh said.

Asia starred at him for a moment. She was mad but at the same time that kinda turned on her on. She then walked past josh and to the back.

Josh looked at Jakobi and Nicole before walking outside.

"Boy I do not want them to get back together", Nicole said.

"Who said anything about them getting back together?", Jakobi asked.

"Dad wants her back and I think mom is going to let him have her back eventually", Nicole said.

"Even after he hit her?", Jakobi said.

"Dad has changed", Nicole said.

"Once an abuser, always an abuser", Jakobi said.

Nicole looked at him. "Says the guy who hasn't been around", Nicole said.

"I don't need to be around to know that him and mom shouldn't be together. All they do is argue", Jakobi said.

"Yea about us..like now", Nicole said. "They're blaming each other when really we should be the ones to blame"

"Fuck all that", Jakobi said. "I don't like the way he talk to her"

"That isn't your business", Nicole said. "...it isn't mine either"

"You think that way you if you want to. That lady been by my side since the day I was born. I'll do anything for her", Jakobi said.

"I know... you blocked her from a bullet", Nicole said.

Jakobi looked down and was quiet for a moment. "...I have to go", he said as he started walking to the door.

"What? Jakobi you can leave", Nicole said.

Jakobi walked out and left.

Nicole sucked her teeth.

———————

(WITH ASIA & JOSH)

"I don't and won't come to your boutique acting a fool, so don't come to my shop with that shit", josh said.

"That shit?? You kept the biggest secret from me about my own son??", Asia said.

"You wanna talk about keeping secrets?? Let's talk about when we were together and you had another man buying you food and coming to my house while I was in jail", Josh said.