Chapter 41

That night, Asia couldn't sleep. She was too busy worrying about who was at the door and why did this just disappear. She kept thinking about how Josh wanted her to come down here in the first place but when she comes down everything is fine. She felt like it wasn't something he was telling her.

Asia walked into the balcony and sat down and called Josh, even though it was late. It was about 3 in the morning.

"Hello?", Josh said. She could tell her was sleep by the sound of his voice.

"Josh", Asia said like she wanted to cry.

"Hey. What's wrong?", he said.

Asia immediately heard a change in his voice. He sounded more alert.

"You need to tell me what is going on, Josh", she said. "You wanted me down here and the question is why?"

"...nothing", he said.

"Josh, I am alone and basically raising four kids by myself. I need to know if I am in some type of danger or not", Asia said.

"You're not", Josh said. "Why? What happened"

"Somebody knocked on the door earlier and Kim answered it. But by the time in opened the door, the person was gone. She said it was a guy. He asked for me", Asia said.

Josh was quiet.

"What do you know?", Asia asked.

"Asia, just come over here", Josh said.

"And where is everybody supposed to sleep?", Asia asked. "You know have three bedrooms"

"What do you want me to do?", Josh asked.

"I don't know", Asia said. "I want you to tell me what is going on. You and Nicole are keeping things from me and I can tell"

"Asia listen. If you were in danger, and the danger was here. You would not be here. I can't let anything happen to you again", Josh said. 

Asia started crying.

"Why are you crying?", Josh said.

"I don't know", Asia said. "It's just so much going on right now"

"And it's like I keep getting this feeling", Asia said.

"What type of feeling?", Josh said.

Asia sighed. "...this feeling", she said. "When I come down here all I can think about is Jakobi and how bad of a parent I was"

"You weren't bad", Josh said.

Asia ignored what josh said. "He reminded so much of you. I could never handle him. I mean he was fine towards me but everybody else he butted heads with...I just want him to pull a you and come back but I know that's not going to happen", Asia said.

Josh was quiet for a moment. "... when you were pregnant and you gave birth to the twins. Who came out first?", Josh asked.

"Jakobi. Crying at the top of his lung", Asia said. "Nicole was stubborn. She didn't wanna come out and she's still stubborn til this day. Jakobi on the other had, he was always ready to explore new things, but he always had that temper"

"I guess you can blame me for that", Josh replied.

"Better than holding things in like me", Asia said. "It's better to have a temper sometimes"

"...I got a question", Josh said.

"Go ahead", Asia replied.

"If I didn't have that temper, would we still be married?", Josh asked.