Chapter 22

Later that day, Elijah called Nicole. At first she didn't plan on answering but she wanted answers.

Nicole answered the phone. "Hello?", she said.

"Hey", Elijah replied. "I ain't hear from you all day. What? Your dad around?", he asked.

"Yes. He just left actually", she said lying.

"Mmm...let me see you", he said.

Nicole took the phone from her ear and sighed as she FaceTimed him. He answered the FaceTime call.

"Let me see the room", he said.

Nicole made a face.

"Let me see it", he said.

Nicole gave him a 360 around the room. "Happy?", she asked.

"Attitude? I hope not", he said.

"Listen. Where did you say that you were from?", Nicole asked.

"Georgia", he said.

"So how do you think my dad looks familiar?", Nicole asked.

"...guess he got one of those faces", Elijah said.

"Or maybe you really saw him before", Nicole said.

"Where you gettin at? And why are you questioning me? Just because we ain't together right now, don't mean I can't come down there and fuck you up", he said.

"Elijah, at this point I don't give a fuck. Do what you want. The only thing I wanna know is were you in Miami 2 years ago on November 21st?", she asked.

"Don't remember the date but I was visiting Miami two years ago ma. Why?", he asked.

"And what did you do?", she asked.

"Something that's a little too sensitive for your ear, babygirl", he said.

Nicole started to get mad. So mad that she wanted to cry. "Nothing is too sensitive for ears. Trust me", Nicole said.

Elijah was quiet.

"What did you do!?", she shouted.

Elijah chuckles a little to keep himself from loosing his temper because she was yelling at him, then he looked at her, in her eyes with a smirk on his face.

"Let's just saw if a nigga wanna kill my cousin. I'm going for his head", Elijah said.

Nicole quickly hung up and threw her phone and screamed to let out her anger.

Josh came into the room and Nicole dropped to the floor crying. Josh quickly walked to her and kneeled down on the floor.

"Nicole what happened?", he asked.

"I wanna kill him", she said with her eyes full of anger. "I want him dead. I want him dead I swear on my brothers grave I'm going to kill him"

"Nicole stop talking like", Josh said. "You're not doing anything"

"Daddy", she said before she began to cry even more. "Daddy... he raped me.. multiple times. I feared for my life and KJ's life but in reality it's him who should've feared for his"

"Nicole, why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell anybody?!", he shouted.

"It doesn't matter anymore", Nicole said as she wiped her tears. "...I'm going to jail anyway"

"Nicole! Stop", he said.

Nicole was quiet as she looked at the floor.

"...you know my past and I never wanted Kobi or you to have to feel the need to end anybody's life. That isn't going to bring your hurt back. It took me a while to realize that", Josh said. "I will handle him, but it won't be with violence"

"I am not going to the police again and snitching on anybody. I've lost enough", Nicole said as she got out and walked out the room.

—————————————————

Tre had just got home and walked into his room. He took off his book bag and took out a gun that he had gotten from somebody he knew in high school. He studied the gun then held it as if he was aiming it at someone. Suddenly, he heard somebody coming down the hall so he put the gun under his pillow. His mom opened the door and he looked at her.

"So, you can go out but come to church?", she asked.

"I couldn't go back to sleep", Tre said.

His mom nods. "So...I suppose you went to see your...son", she asked.

Tre nods.

"When will I meet him?", she asked.

"I'm sorry mom. That was selfish of me, I should've brought him here", he said.

"Maybe tomorrow", she replied.

Tre nods.

His mom studies him. "You okay?", she asked.

"Yes, I'm fine", Tre said.

"I don't know if it's that girl or what, but- "

Tre cut her off. "Mom, Nicole is a great girl. We aren't even dating", he said.

"Okay", she said. "I'm just saying since you've been at school, you've been a little...different. Like something is up"

"Maybe it's just apart of college life mom. It's not high school anymore", he said.

She nods. "Okay...well... I'll leave you alone", she said. "Goodnight"

"...goodnight", Tre replied.

His mom walked out of his room and Tre took the gun and put it under his mattress.

Suddenly, he got a call from Nicole. So, he answered it.

"Hello?", he answered.

"Come and get me", Nicole said.

"What happened", Tre asked as he stood up.

"Just come and get me...I'm in our spot. Near my dad's house", she said.

"...okay", Tre replied as he grabbed his keys and walked out his room. "I'm on my way"

Tre hung up the room and left the house.

————————————————-

Tre pocked Nicole up and they drove to the lake. They sat on the dock at the lake and talked about what happened between Elijah and Nicole's phone call.

"I wanted to kill him", Nicole said.

"...what made you not want to anymore?", Tre asked.

"...my dad...he said it isn't going to bring Kobi back so..I mean he's right", Nicole said.

Tre was quiet for a moment. "What about what he did to you?", Tre asked.

"...it won't take back what he took from me neither", she said. "...on the bright side he did show me something"

"What?", Tre asked.

"A relationship is perfect...people grow up and they make dumb decisions but they still care about one another. They're loyal to one another and hurt each other physically or mentally", she said.

Tre looked at her.

Nicole looked at him. "I think we should-"

Suddenly, she got cut off by her phone. She looked at it and it was her mom. "Sorry, I need to take this before she freaks out", Nicole said as she got up. "I told my dad what Elijah did to me and now he most likely told her so...I'll be back"

Nicole walked away a few feet so Tre couldn't hear her and Tre sat there.

"You said you were sorry about what you did to me right?", Nicole said over the phone. Her mom didn't call her. Somebody else did. "Well, I need you to do me a favor"

TO BE CONTINUED...