Chapter 9

Later that night, Nicole went to the cafe for dinner by herself. She sat at the table with her AirPods in listening to music and began eating but the food wasn't that good. She put her fork down and went to her settings to unblock her dad. As she started to call, she saw Chris and Tre walk in but they didn't see her.

Josh answered the phone after a few rings. "It's about time", he said.

"Come on dad, don't do that", she said.

"You need to stop blocking me. I'm your father", he said.

"You sound like mom", she said.

"Well your mom is a smart woman", he said.

"...I called to say that I am sorry for blocking you", Nicole said.

"Apology accepted Nic, and I'm sorry for doing what I did", he said.

"Cool so can I get like 30 dollars?", Nicole asked.

"I know you didn't call me for money?", Josh said.

"No I called to talk to the most handsome father ever", she said.

"You want 30 dollars? Go out there and make 30 dollars. Your mama need to stop spoiling you, I told her about that", he said.

Nicole sighed.

"Me and your mama had to get out there and work our ass off...but you go the route your mom went and be legal. Don't do it my way", he said.

"But that's the easy money", she said jokingly.

"Easy and get your ass killed", he said. "I will not...be loosing another child", he said as his voice for softer.

Nicole was quiet for a moment as she thought about Jakobi. "Dad? I'll get a job, but right I'm hungry", she said.

"Well.. I'll send you 8 dollars. Make sum shake with that", he said.

"8 dollars? What am I supposed to do with that?", she asked.

"Hey I have to make 10 or 20 dollars work for a whole week. If you can't make 8 dollars work for one meal then something wrong", he said.

"You know what father. I'll just eat whatever else is in this cafeteria", she said. "Thanks anyway"

"No problem babygirl. I'm here to help anytime", he said.

Nicole chuckles a little. "This is ridiculous", she said.

"I love you too", he said.

Nicole smiles. "Goodnight dad", she said.

"Say it back", he said.

Nicole sighs. "I love you too dad", she replied.

"Goodnight", Josh said.

"Goodnight", Nicole repeated before she hung up.

Nicole picked her fork up and finished her food since it wasn't that bad. When she was done she got up and walked toward the exit. As she did that she saw Tre talking to a girl that was sitting next to him alone. She was smiling hella hard so Nicole started to feel some type of way and shook her head and walked out the cafeteria.

"Come on, give Chris my number", the girl said.

"listen I ain't no match maker", Tre said.

"What? You want it yourself or something?", she asked.

"No I got a girl", Tre said.

"Oooh loyal. She must be lucky", she said.

Tre shrugged his shoulders because he knew Nicole was mad at him.

"Mmm. Might wanna fuck with you instead", she said.

"Nah", Tre said.

Chris was walking toward the table and the girl saw him.

"Just give him my number okay??", she said she walked away.

Chris sat down. "What she say?", he asked.

"You got the number", Tre replied he gave him the paper. "Honestly don't see how you do it"

"I got my secrets", he said. "Ayy, I just saw Nicole leaving"

"You did?", Tre asked.

"Yea. She looked sad. Maybe you should go to her room and talk to her", Chris said.

"Nicole is the type of girl you gotta give space. The more you bug her, the longer it'll take for you to win her back", Tre said.

"Oh", Chris said as he began to eat.

"Well... that's only if she's like how she was in high school", he said.

"I'll tell you one thing. I don't mean no harm but she look good and I know she can pull dudes so... don't wait to late if you really like her. Somebody better can scoop her up", Chris said.

Tre nods as he thought to himself.

TO BE CONTINUED....

*sorry for the short chapter*