Chapter 20

Fall break came around and Tre, Nicole and KJ caught a flight to Miami. Tre was going home to his mom and Nicole and KJ was going to Josh's house.

"So what do you guys want to do", Josh asked. "I'm free for the whole break"

"It doesn't matter to me", Nicole replied.

"Okay..um how about shopping?", Josh asked.

Nicole shrugged her shoulders. "Dad, I don't know. But, I do have a question", Nicole said.

"What?", he asked as he sat down.

"Next semester I was thinking about transferring to USF", she said. "So, that involves me coming to live with you.. well me and KJ"

"...what's going on at school?", he asked.

"Nothing... I just miss it here", she said.

Josh sighed. "Nicole I don't mind you doing that but what I do mind you is you lying to me...I'll let you stay here, if you let me know what's up with you", Josh said.

Nicole chuckles. "Dad, I'm fine", she said.

"I'm not dumb", Josh said. "You remind me of your mom when she was younger. Spoke her mind, until she met a dude like -"

Josh paused and looked at her. Nicole made a face.

Josh changed the subject. "Dre do something to you?", Josh asked.

"Do you mean Tre, dad?", Nicole asked.

"Whoever", Josh said.

"No dad", Nicole said.

"So where is my outspoken, leader of daughter?", Josh asked.

Nicole looked to the side. "I swear if it isn't you, it's mom", she said before she looked back at him. "I said I'm fine"

"If anybody knows you best, it's your mom. So, if she sees something then I know I'm not crazy", Josh said.

"I don't know. I guess the both of you may be a little psycho", Nicole said.

Josh chuckles. "Oh Nic. I'll let this slide for now because your mood is lightened", he said.

"Because I feel better than ever", she said.

Suddenly, Nicole's phone goes off. When she looks at it, it's a text from Elijah telling her to ft him. Nicole sighed silently without her dad noticing.

"I'll be in my room", she said.

"Iight", Josh said. "I guess KJ can be the one to keep me company"

Nicole smiles and walks to her room and shuts the door. Before she got a chance to call him, he started FaceTiming her. She answered the call and he was already talking before she could say anything.

"I know you saw my text", he said.

"You just texted me Elijah", Nicole said.

"I don't care. You read it. It doesn't take but 5 seconds to call", he said.

Nicole sighs. "I'm sorry", she said.

"Nicole, you are a beautiful girl I'll tell you that but sometimes I just wanna slap the shit outta out", Elijah said.

Nicole began turning down her volume a little more after he said that and got up to try to find her airpods.

Suddenly, Josh walks through the door.

"Who you talking to?", he asked.

Nicole jumped a little, then acted normal. "Dad, I'm 18 now", she said.