Chapter 37

10 minutes later, Jakobi was still knocked out. He was laying on the couch and josh said sitting a chair. At first when Josh saw Jakobi he did tear up but then he got mad because it was like Jakobi didn't even wanna be known.

Josh went to knock on the door to talk to the lady, Christina.

"Yes", she said.

"Can I talk or you for a moment", Josh said.

"Okay. Go ahead", she said.

"Face to face. Look I'm not going to hurt you I just want to talk to you about my son", he said.

"I rather talk like this. Thank you", Christina said.

"...Who are you first all?", Josh asked.

"She's nobody", Jakobi said as he sat up.

Josh turned around and walked to Jakobi. He didn't know if he wanted to hug him or yell at him. Instead, he just wanted answers.

Josh sat down. "Sorry about that", he said.

Jakobi didn't say anything.

"...three years", Josh said. "Three years everybody thought you were dead. How are you even here? You died"

"Yet, you still got me beat. Mr. 14 years", Jakobi said. "And I don't have to explain anything to you"

Josh stood up. "I had no choice for those 14 years! You on the other had have been here this whole time! Alive! While your mom, me, and your sister and everybody else cried, mourned, grieved", Josh said.

"You guys still should grieve because that Jakobi is still gone", Jakobi said.

Josh made a face. "Jakobi, seriously?", Josh asked. "Don't start this shit"

Jakobi stood up and got in Josh's face. "All of this shit started because of you!", Jakobi shouted.

"You think you tough. I don't give a fuck if you're 18 or not. I am still your father", Josh said angrily.

"Right. More like sperm donor", Jakobi said as he walked away.

Josh didn't say anything. He was confused as to why Jakobi was acting like this.

"You haven't been in any of your kids life's until the last minute", Jakobi said. "So you have no right to tell me want to do, or how to live. I just have your last name and that's it"

Josh looked down.

Jakobi picked up the picture and gave it to him. "Keep it. I just wanted it to see mom", Jakobi said.

"How about you go talk to her? How about you go see her?", Josh asked.

"How about you get out before the police gets called", Jakobi said.

"You really wanna do this?", Josh asked.

"Really", Jakobi said. "Do me favor and not tell anybody alright? Because they won't see me"

Josh shook his head. He couldn't believe what Jakobi was saying.

"You know what. I don't know what you got going on and why you're acting like this, but I just wanna say that I missed you and whatever it is I'm here if you need my help", Josh said.

Jakobi looked down as his back faced Josh. He started to look sad but he cleared his throat and straighten up his face and turned around. "You couldn't even help Jamal, why? Because you couldn't even help yourself", Jakobi said.

Josh looked to side then at Jakobi. "Goodbye Jakobi", Josh said before he walked out.

Jakobi looked down.

Christina came outside the room. "I thought you missed him", she said.

"I thought I told you to stay out of my business, unless I ask you", Jakobi said.

"You came to my house", she said.

"Cause I knew it was a possibility he could track me down", Jakobi said. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay"

"He wouldn't have hurt me", Christina said.

"He doesn't even remember you", Jakobi said.

"Because he didn't see me", she replied. "Besides I wasn't necessarily apart of his life"

"Right, you were G's ole lady... well you still are", Jakobi said.

"But that doesn't mean he won't remember me", Christina said. "But that's besides the point what about the money", Christina asked. "Are you going to give that back to him?"

"It's gone", Jakobi said.

"Jakobi what arent you telling me?", Christina said.

"I'm leaving", Jakobi said. "If you need me, call"

Christina shook her head. "You remind me of your father", Christina said. "Anyways so cold"

Jakobi shook his head and walked out.

—————————————

Nicole was on Tre's back with his arm held up behind his back.

"You are going to tell me what the hell is going on, now", Nicole said. "I'm not with the secrets"

"Okay, okay, okay", Tre said in pain.

Nicole put his arm down.

"Just because you been taking them classes don't mean you need to use that side on me. I'm on your side", Tre said.

"Get to the point before I do it again", Nicole said.

"Alright, the blood in your car is your brother's" Tre said.

Nicole was quiet.

"I wanted to tell you but I promised him I wouldn't", Tre said. "And it isn't the same. Somethings different about him. Like he's a new person. I mean he as always been an asshole but he was nice asshole and now he's just cold hearted"

"... if you're going to continue to lie to me Tre then you need to just take me home", Nicole said.

"Nicole I am not lying", Tre said. "Jakobi isn't dead. He's alive and well"

Nicole shook her head.

"I'm serious okay? He is alive". Tre said.

"If he was alive then why didn't he ever come see us?", Nicole said. "He was my best friend, he didn't just leave. Tre, he died. He wouldn't have done that to us"

"Well he did", Tre said. "I'm sorry"

Nicole looked down. "...Where is he?", Nicole asked.

"I don't know. I haven't seen him..since last night", Tre said.

"Last night?", Nicole asked.

Tre took the band aid off and it was a deep cut.

"What happened?", Nicole asked.

Tre covered the cut back up. "Kobi happened. While he was in my car he put some thing on the backseat. I guess to listen in to make sure I didn't tell you and he heard you asking me questions and I was about to tell you. Last night, he gave me another warning but...I don't wanna loose you either", Tre said.

Nicole couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Kobi wouldn't do that. That's not him", Nicole said.

"That's the thing. Like I said he's a whole new person", Tre said.

Nicole looked down and sat back as she started thinking about things. She didn't know whether to be happy that he was alive and mad that he would do something like that.

TO BE CONTINUED....