Chapter 28

Nicole was sitting on the couch when she decided to call Josh but he didn't answer. She was getting worried because she didn't mean with Elijah and she thought that he put the hit out on him.

Nicole walked upstairs and into Asia's room.

"Mom, have you heard from dad?", Nicole asked.

"No. Why?", Asia asked.

"He isn't answering his phone", Nicole said.

"He's probably just sleep", Asia said.

"He still at least answers his phone", Nicole said.

"How about you relax yourself and I call him okay?", Asia said.

"...okay", Nicole said.

Asia picked up her phone and called josh.

"Where is Jamal at anyways? It's been a few hours now", Nicole said.

Asia didn't answer her question because Josh answered the phone.

"Hey, your daughter was calling you. You sleep?", Asia asked.

"Nah. I'm with Jamal", Josh replied.

"Woah. Doing what?", Asia asked.

"Well you know how I handle things", Josh said.

"Josh, no. That is not good for you, you don't need to be doing anything that would set you back", Asia said.

"This little nigga killed my son and hurt and violated my daughter. I'm not going for that shit", Josh said.

"I get that but-"

Josh cut asia off. "But I don't wanna hear shit you saying right now and do me a favor and not tell Nicole about this", Josh said.

Asia looked at Nicole. "Go to your room", Nicole said.

"Why?", Nicole asked.

"Room! Now", Asia said.

Nicole rolled her eyes and walked out.

Asia got up and shut the door and walked back to the bed. "Josh, you are doing good. Do not throw that away", Asia said.

"I'm not about to talk to you about this right now. I have some business to handle", Josh said before he hung up.

Asia sighed and shook her head and called Jamal.

"Yes darling?", Jamal answered.

"You have a lot of explaining to do because you said you wouldn't handle this with violence", Asia said.

"We not. We just gone talk some sense into the boy and if he wanna get violent then I'm going to get violent. Well, we", Jamal said.

"You're an idiot and so is Josh. You guys are supposed to be better", Asia said.

"Asia listen I'm sorry but he messed with the wrong people", Jamal said. "Period point blank"

Asia shook her head. "...just keep each other safe then", she said.

"Nobody is worried about these little dawgs", Jamal said. "We the big dawgs"

"Jamal you haven't been doing stuff like that since your were young. You're older now and not as quick on your feet", Asia said.

"Hey listen. I love you alright and I'll see you tonight", Jamal said.

"I love you too Jamal", Asia said. "Just please be careful. Both of you"

"We will", Jamal said.

"...see you when you get home", Asia said. "Bye"

"Bye", Jamal said before he hung up.