Chapter 12

Later that night, Nicole was on the phone with her mom before she started to do her assignments.

"Mom. I need a car", Nicole said.

"Do good in school for your first year then you'll get one your second year", Asia replied.

"A whole year!? Mom! You know I'll do good", Nicole said.

"Then you know you'll get the car when the time comes", Asia said. "But we will talk about this later. I need to give the kids a bath"

Nicole sucks her teeth. "Okay", she said. "Bye"

"Goodnight, I love you", Asia said.

"I love you too", Nicole replied. "Goodnight"

Asia hung up and Nicole put her phone down.

"You have to wait a whole year to get a car?", Makayla asked.

Nicole didn't say anything. She just looked at her.

"I'm sorry. I tried not to listen but ya know.. it's kinda hard in this small room", Makayla explained.

Nicole hoped off her bed. "Yea. I gotta wait til next year", she said.

"That's sucks", Makayla said. "Well at least Tre has a car"

"What does that have to do with me?", Nicole asked.

"He'll literally take you anywhere", Makayla said.

"...I don't need him to drive me around", Nicole said.

"Oh well", Makayla said as she shrugged her shoulders. "Never mind then"

Nicole got a call from Tre and ignored it and sat down at her desk and started her work.

——————————————

Tre tossed his phone down.

"She ain't answer?", Chris asked.

"No", Tre said.

"Honestly, if I was you, I'd be out here ducking with somebody else. Ole girl doing too much", Chris said.

"Nah that's just how she is...I was wrong", Tre said.

"You ever heard the saying, you gotta know when to stop? It's been a week, going on two", Chris said.

Tre didn't say anything.

"Listen, I know you like this girl but shit while you wait, you might as well have some fun", Chris said.

"Whatever dude", Tre said. "You May be right, but then again I don't wanna fuck up my chances"

"You already fucked up your chances bro". Chris said with chuckle.

"I mean again", Tre replied

"Do you", Chris said.

Tre got off his bed and grabbed his bag. "I'm going to the library", he said.

"Iight", Chris said.

Tre walked out the room and made it outside. He had to walk across the campus to get to the library. When he got there, he picked a table and sat down. While he did his word, he felt somebody walking toward him. He looked up and it was Shy. She smiled at him and waved.

Tre waved back and went back to his work. Shy rolled her eyes and walked to the table and sat down. Tre looked at her, then looked around then back at her. She motioned him to take his beats off and he did so.