Chapter 25

The next day, Nicole woke up early because KJ was thirsty. So, she got up and went downstairs and saw Tre asleep on the couch. She shook her head and went back upstairs and into Josh's room.

"Dad?", she said.

Josh was still asleep.

"Dad!?", she shouted.

Josh quickly sat up out of his sleep. "What?", he asked.

"Why is Tre here?", Nicole asked.

Josh sighed. "I thought I told that boy to be out of here early", he mumbled to himself as he laid back down.

"He shouldn't be here at all", Nicole said.

"I'm sorry. Who's house is this?", Josh asked as he closed his eyes.

Nicole was quiet.

"Just don't talk to him", Josh said.

"I thought you didn't like him. Why are you trying to help him?", Nicole asked.

"The question is, why aren't you?", Josh asked at he sat back up. "What he did was wrong but...hey I did a lot of bad things and guess what your mom never did...never kept me away from you"

Nicole was quiet.

"I mean Junior's mom did but guess what? That caused Junior to grow up without his real father", Josh said. "Do you know how he felt. I mean think of how you felt went I was gone all those years"

Nicole looked at him.

"Not good", Josh said. "He was mad at his mom for years...so do you want the same for KJ?"

"...no", Nicole said.

"Now, I tired to do what your mom says and let you do your own parenting decisions but I think your wrong", Josh said. "Now, I gotta work"

Josh closed his eyes and Nicole walked out the room and shut the door. She stood there for a moment then walked downstairs. She fixed KJ something to drink and went back upstairs and gave it to him and put him back to sleep. After that, she walked back downstairs and stood over Tre.

"Tre", she shouted.

Tre jumped out of his sleep.

Nicole jumped a little.

"You know, you really can't be doing that while people are sleep", he said.

"You know you shouldn't be in here after you just committed murder", she replied.

"Your dad let me stay", he said.

Nicole folded her arm as she looked away.

"What?", he asked. "I think I've felt like an idiot enough tonight. If you wanna make me feel worst, no thanks"

"I wanted to apologize for telling you that you can't see your son", she said. "I was wrong"

"...maybe you weren't", Tre said. "I made a dumb decision and I don't blame you. Our son safely is the priority"

"So is his happiness", Nicole added. "And without a dad, I doubt he'll be as happy"

Tre was quiet for a moment. "You must of talked to your dad huh?", he asked.

"Just a second ago, yea", Nicole said. "He made a valid point"

Tre looked down.

Nicole sat next to him. "I still can't believe you did that Tre", Nicole said.

"I still can't believe it either", he said.

Nicole put her hand on his thigh. "I'm sorry for yelling out you and making you feel worst. I just can't believe you did that. I'm just scared of the outcome", she said.