Chapter 27

The next day, Nicole had just got out of her last class. She praying not to bump into Elijah today but she knew she was going to anyway.

Of course, there Elijah was waiting for her like he did before the break. This time his facial expression wasn't so pleasant. So prevent having to deal with him later. She just walked to him.

"Elijah, I'm not about to do this with you anymore okay? I don't know if you didn't get the memo but I'm done", Nicole said.

Elijah just ignored everything she said. "You think it's cool to block me?", Elijah asked.

"...did you not just hear what I said?", Nicole asked. "I'm done"

"I heard you but me and you both know that ain't gonna happen", Elijah said.

"It is. Listen I'm done being scared of your shit. I'm not doing this anymore alright?", Nicole said.

"The same thing I had happen to your brother, will happen to your father the second you talk back to me again", Elijah said.

Nicole made a face. She couldn't believe he was pulling that card.

"...you know what. Okay Elijah", Nicole said.

"Exactly. But don't worry. I'll talk to your ass tonight", Elijah said. "Alone"

Nicole didn't say anything.

"Same time as usual", Elijah said before walking away.

Tre was walking to class when he saw Elijah walking away from Nicole. He saw the anger in her eyes and walked to her.

"You good?", Tre asked.

"..I know I said what you did was wrong..which it is but...he isn't going to take anybody else away from me and I'm not about to let him run over me", Nicole said.

"...so what you saying?", Tre asked.

"I wanna kill him...", Nicole said before looking at Tre.

"You aren't killing anybody", Tre said. "It is not a good feeling"

"It's not a good feeling to be belittled, raped, and beat either", Nicole said. "I'm doing this. He killed my brother and for me sit here and take this shit from him isn't doing what Kobi did for me any justice"

"Nicole, it's not the answer remember?", Tre asked.

"That was before he threatened me about killing my dad", Nicole said.

"And you think that won't happen if you kill him?", Tre whispered. "Mr. White can handle himself"

"My dad doesn't need to be introduced to that environment again", Nicole said.

"Jamal and your mom are supposed to be happening it", Tre said. "Just keep your distance from him and stay pretty"

"You're the last person to tell me that", Nicole said. "Just please stay out of my business unless I ask you to be in"

"Nicole do you not realize what this would cause?", Tre asked. "This will not end good especially if you aren't ready for something like that"

Nicole looked at him.

"Just wait", Tre said.

Nicole looked away and walked away.

"Nicole", Tre called.

Nicole walked out of the building.

Tre shook his head and continued to walk to class suddenly two guys took him into the stairway and put him against the wall.