Chapter 4

Nicole taught about it and she decided to let Tre see K.J. . Nicole waited for Tre outside of her dorm building and he finally pulled up in a dark blue 2016 Dodge Charger. He reached over the passenger seat and opened the door for Nicole. Nicole walked to the car and got in.

"What? Too lazy to get out and open the door?", she asked.

Tre sigh.

Nicole shut the door. "I'm just playing", she said.

Tre beings to drive as he pulled up the address Nicole sent him on his phone.

Nicole watches him. "Yea, I really don't plan on dying so put your phone down please", she said.

"Girl I got this", he said as he put his phone on the car mount.

Nicole looked out the window.

"This car is nice", she said.

"Thanks. Got it for my birthday"

Nicole nods.

"So did you tell your mom I'm coming?", he asked.

"...yes", she said lying.

Tre nods. "Is she still mad?", he asked.

"No, she understood", she said lying again.

"Cool", he said as he turn the music on. He begins to sing. "You was wonderin' why I went missing. Girl, I miss your lovin', huggin' touchin', kissin'"

"No", Nicole said covering her ears.

"Say others just don't amount to nothing, trust and listen", he sang.

"Please, let bryson tiller sing it", she said.

"Come on you know you love my singing", he said.

"Boy, you sound worst than a dying bird", she said.

"Do you even know what sound they make, if any, when they did?", Tre asked.

"No", Nicole said as she smiled. "But they sound better than you"

Tre chuckled.

Nicole chuckled a little too as she looked out the window.

Tre took his hand off the steering wheel and put his arm on the arm rest. He slowly moved his hand inside of her hand.

Nicole looked at his hand as he grabbed hers. She let him touch her for a while then moved it.

"There won't be an us..I'm just talking to you right now for K.J.", she said.

Tre was silent as he put his hand back on the steering wheel.

———————————————

Nicole and Tre got the car as Nicole got her keys out.

"Okay so I might have lied and said that my mom knows you're coming but she doesn't. I haven't even told her about you", she said.

"Nicole what in the world", he said. "Why would you not tell her?"

"It's okay. My mom is the understanding one", she said as she unlocked the door.

Nicole opened the door and Jamal was at the door. She got startled and jumped a little.

"Oh it's you", he said. "What are you doing here?", he asked as he looked at Tre.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to be at work?"

"Rae a little sick", he said . "Asia had to work"