Chapter 47

After dinner, Nicole pulled Jakobi to the side to talk to him.

"Why did you do that?", Nicole asked.

"Do what?", Jakobi asked.

"Just bring her up in here and not even ask or announce her first? That's not how you do it. You're supposed to tell your parents about your girlfriend then let them meet her", Nicole said.

"Because, I wanted to kill two birds and one stone. She didn't know about them, they didn't know about her and Payton...so yea", Jakobi said. "And Clarissa  didn't know I faked my death but she knows now and I didn't have to tell her"

"...you're idiot",  Nicole said.

"How?", Jakobi said.

"That's not going to make things better?", Nicole said.

Suddenly, Clarissa walked over.

"Hey, Nicole. Your son is super cute", Clarissa said.

"Thank you. It's time for me to put him to bed so I'm going to go do that and call my long eyed boyfriend. Excuse me", Nicole said before walking away

"I like your sister more than I like you right now", Clarissa said.

"What? You know the truth now", Jakobi said.

"No. I'm embarrassed now", Clarissa said.

Jakobi made a face.

"Nobody knew about me, and I don't even know about you...I always wondered why you did thing the way you did but now I know...it's because you're a dead man. Is this why you didn't sign the birth certificate yet?", she asked.

Jakobi nods. "I can't because I'm not even suppose to be alive", Jakobi said.

Clarissa looked down.

"I know I've kept some big things from you but I am still the same Jakobi...I was going to tell you. I promise", Jakobi said. "We were actually going to move down here, once I handled some things"

"Jakobi? I thought you were done doing that gang stuff. We have a daughter now", Clarissa said.

"I am.. I just have a few people I owe so I'm just paying my debt with my services", Jakobi said.

"Does your parents know about this?", Clarissa asked.

"No. Because it isn't any of their business", Jakobi said.

"I guess it wasn't mine either. Apparently if something happens to you, I have to care for our daughter alone", Clarissa said.

Jakobi looked over at Asia holding Payton then he looked back at Clarissa.

"I know you think I'm being selfish but I'm not. I'm doing this so you guys can be safe when we move up here", Jakobi  said.

"You never told me anything about moving up here", Clarissa said.

"I'm telling you now", Jakobi said.

Clarissa shook her head. "There you go making decisions without me", Clarissa said. "I don't wanna move down here"

"We need to", Jakobi said.

"No we don't", Clarissa said.

"Clarissa we do, we need help!", Jakobi shouted.

Clarissa jumped a little as she looked down. She knew everybody was looking at them.

Asia shook her head. They reminded her of the younger josh and her.

Jakobi took Clarissa hand and walked to the backyard.