Chapter 15

That weekend, Nicole went to her mom's house to watch Kim, KJ and Raelynn while Asia and Jamal went on a weekend vacation.

Nicole was teaching them the parts of their body before she heard her phone go off. It was Elijah texting her.

MESSAGE:
Elijah: what's up?

She read the message before before she could reply she heard a knock at the door. She walked to the door and opened it and it was Tre.

"What are you doing here?", Nicole asked.

"My son does live here, right?", he asked.

"Well, my mom and step dad said no boys allowed. They are on vacation", Nicole said.

"Really Nicole?", he asked. "I'm trying here"

Nicole rolled her eyes and moved aside so he can walk in.

Tre walked in the house and KJ walked to him and smiled.

"Hey buddy", Tre said as he picked him.

Nicole shut the door and walked to the couch.

"How you been? You been good for grandma and mommy?", Tre asked.

KJ nods.

"Good", Tre said.

"No he hasn't. He wrote all over the wall yesterday", Nicole said.

Tre looked at KJ. "Come on man, you can't be doing stuff like that", Tre said as he put KJ down. "I was going to buy you another car but now you gotta wait until you be a good boy"

"Good boy?", KJ asked.

"Yes. A good boy", Tre said.

KJ pouted and walked to Raelynn.

Tre looked over at Nicole who was texting on her phone. Suddenly, a slight smile comes across her face then she puts the phone down and sees Tre looking at her and stops smiling.

"So, that's it? Just come here say a little bit of words to him and leave?", Nicole asked.

"I was going to take him to the park. I thought I should ask you first, just didn't know if I should interrupt whatever you were laughing about on the phone", he said.

Nicole ignores the last part of what he said. "You can take him but I would like to go too because Raelynn May want to play", she said.

"That's fine", Tre said.

"Okay... I'm going to change", she said as she got up and walked upstairs.

Tre looked at her phone as it went off. He looked at the steps and didn't see Nicole in site and walked over to her phone to see who it was. The message was from Danielle, then another came through from Elijah. Tre walked back to the stop he was standing in and started to get a little heated.

Nicole came downstairs with her shoes in her hand and sat down to put them on.

"You guys wanna go to the park?", Nicole asked KJ and Raelynn.

"Yea", they both said.

Nicole looked at Tre. "Their shoes are over there. You mind putting KJ's on and handing Raelynn's to me?", she asked.

"Yea", Tre said as he got the shoes.

"Thanks", Nicole said as she got Raelynn's shoes. "Come here Rae"

Raelynn walked to Nicole and Nicole put on her shoes.

"We might as well take my mom's car cause I don't feel like taking the car seats out", Nicole said.

"Kim coming?", Tre asked.

"No. She said she rather stay home", Nicole said.

Tre nods.

So, they all left and got to the park. Nicole and Tre stood close by as the kids played.

"So, you just came to the house unannounced?", she asked.

"No. I called you mom first", he said.

"Mmm", she said.

"So you just out here twerking on random niggas?", he asked.

"Mad?", she asked as she folded her arms.

"I just think that's a little bit hoe-ish", he said

"You mean like making out with a girl you don't even date...or are you dating her? I mean is that why she been looking at me crazy?", she asked.

Tre looks to the side. "I don't date that", he said before he looked back at Nicole.

"I don't care. Just don't question me", Nicole said as she walked the kids play.

Tre watched them play too. "...let me ask you something", he said. "...that Elijah guy... you like him or something?"

"I just feel like that's not your business to ask", a Nicole said.

"Hey, I'm just tryna-"

Nicole cut him off. "Don't. Just stop", she said. "Don't tell me anything about him because I won't know if it's a lie or the truth"

Tre looked down.

"Because with you it could be anything", she said. "...listen, I don't know what has gotten into since we last met but you are kind of different. You didn't usually hang out with a whole lot of people, go to parties and make out with girls you claim"

"She kissed me first of all and second...I mean like is bad to be more social? I mean like college is about networking right?", he asked.

"I'm just saying", she said.

"I'm not different to when it comes to how to treat a female though", he said.

"That's not any of my business", she said.

"Nicole you need to stop", he said.

"Stop what Tre?!", Nicole asked. "Do you not know how hurt and embarrassed I feel?"

"I told you, I was sorry", Tre said.

"And I felt that you were the one who made that decision and I was right. I mean I was mad at my dad at first but I'm glad he didn't let you get in contact with me. Because it's wasn't about you being scared or not ready because I was both! But I still had to do what I had to do, while you got to pick and choose if you wanted to be in KJ's life", she said. "I know we had broken up and I know I couldn't make you do anything you didn't wanna do but if you loved me you wouldn't have let me feel alone"

Tre looks down. "I can't take back what I did and I'm sorry. All I can do is make up for it and I'm trying now and I'm sorry", he said as he looked at her.

Nicole starred at him for a moment then looked away.

"What's wrong?", he asked. "Why you look at me like that"

"Because...for some reason I want to forgive you and just start over but... I'm not falling for you again", Nicole said.

Tre didn't say anything.

Raelynn fell while running and began crying. Nicole walked to her and stood her up.

"It's okay, Rae", Nicole said as she comfort Raelynn and Raelynn slowly stopped crying.

Tre watched them.

"See you okay", Nicole said as she stood up, "go ahead go play"

Raelynn began playing again.

Nicole stood at a distance from Tre and they didn't talk for the rest of the time at the park.

TO BE CONTINUED...