Chapter 55

That night, Tre and Nicole were at a restaurant, eating of course.

"Babe you okay?" Tre asked. "You been acting funny tonight"

"Yea", Nicole said .

"Everything okay with KJ?", Tre asked.

"Yes", Nicole replied. "I was just thinking about getting my mom and dad back together", she said lying.

"Yea, see that's a lie", Tre said.

"Yea, you're right", Nicole said with a sigh.

"What's up then?", Tre asked.

"This guy...he came into the shop today and nothing was even wrong with his car", Nicole said.

Tre made a face. "Okay and?", Tre asked.

"Okay and he knew my name", Nicole said. "And at that maybe I'm over thinking this one but he walked out when Jakobi left. Like he didn't wanna be seen by him or something"

"And you didn't ask him about it?", Tre asked.

"That's the thing. I just think I'm over thinking that one", Nicole said.

"Bae, I'm saying is everything you hold back and don't speak up about ends up bad", Tre said.

Nicole sigh.

"So speak up", Tre said.

"Okay. I will tonight. I'll talk to Kobi about it", Nicole said.

"Alright", Tre said.

Nicole continued to eat her food and then she stopped.

"...ever since I got my abortion...I've been having these dreams about Elijah. I mean I was having them before but it's been worst", Nicole said. "So bad that it's so realistic"

"He's gone Nicole, he's gone", Tre said.

"I know but...it's just the thought that bothers me", Nicole said.

"That's understandable", Tre said. "But I'm just saying he's gone"

Nicole nods.

"Relax", Tre said.

"Okay", she replied.

"Alright", he said.

Tre and Nicole continued to eat and after they were done, they left and Tre dropped Nicole off at home and brought KJ to his house for the night.

Nicole walked outside in the backyard because Jakobi was outside smoking.

"I see you picked up a habit", Nicole said as she sat next to him.

"I picked up a lot of things", Jakobi said. "Kids being two of those things"

"Well that's what happens when you don't practice safe sex", Nicole said.

"...I just feel like I'm not good enough. Like I'm not going to be a good enough father", Jakobi said.

"I think that maybe you should work on your anger. Other than that I think you'll be a great dad", Nicole said.

Jakobi didn't say anything, he just changed the subject. "What's up with you? Why you out here?", Jakobi asked.

"....only mom and Tre knows this but I was pregnant up until like a week ago", Nicole said. "I got an abortion..it was Elijah's"

Jakobi cleared his throat once she said Elijah's name.

"I didn't wanna do it but I did because I didn't want anything to remind me of him but ever since I did it, I keep having these dream of him. In every single dream, he gets closer and closer to killing you. Last night he finally did", Nicole said.

Jakobi looked at Nicole.

"I know it's a dream and I know he's dead but...I guess it's just the thought that scares me...and then today this guy named Jonathan, if that's even his name, he knew my name. He said that you said it but I don't believe that", she said.

"What did he look like?", Jakobi asked.

"Dark skinned, dreads, probably 21, 22, tall", Nicole said. "I just described a lot of guys so I don't what to tell you but I know him when I see him"

Jakobi stood up. "Yea that did describe a lot of people", he said. "But I gotta go do something"

Nicole made a face. "But we were talking", she said.

"I'm just going to make a call", Jakobi said as he walked away to the other side of the yard.

Nicole watched him. Jakobi was full of secrets ever since he got here and his secrets where never something good.

Whoever he was talking to, she could tell he was mad.

When he got off the phone, he walked back over and sat down.

"What was that about?", Nicole asked.

"Nothing", Jakobi replied.

"....ever since you got here, it's been secret after secret. I don't know if you remember but I once was that person that you shared your secrets with. I mean maybe Clarissa has replaced me but..I'm still your sister", Nicole said.

"Yea...this time it's different", Jakobi said. "I don't know if I did the right thing"

"What?", Nicole asked.

"...I don't wanna say", Jakobi said. "I mean stuff has been okay, so...I guess I did"

Nicole made a face.

Jakobi sighed as he shook his head. "Oh boy", he said.

"Jakobi what did you do?", Nicole asked. She was nervous to even hear his answer.

"...I was in New York the night dad went up to handle the whole Elijah situation. Um...dad and Jamal went up there to talk but of course they knew it wasn't going to be just talking...so Elijah had his people fire a shot and Elijah tried to get away but I caught up with him. He tired to kill me and he hurt you and I was so ready to kill him. I was so ready to watch him die but...he said something", Jakobi said.

"What?", Nicole asked.

"...he said he had a kid... and he gave me this whole guilt trip about having them grow up without a parent and I thought about Payton and I just got mad and knocked him out and I took him and I talked to him and I told him to stay away from you and he agreed so I let him go", Jakobi said.

Nicole stood up. "You did what?", Nicole asked.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking straight", Jakobi said.

Nicole shook her head. She understood but at the same time she was so angry with him.

"But he hasn't been in contact with you, so it's all good", Jakobi said.

"All good? Jakobi he's still out there and Jamal died for nothing", Nicole said.

Jakobi looked down.

"Why did dad think you killed him then?", Nicole said. "He didn't even see his body"

"I call his phone and I told him I killed. At the time he didn't know who I was but he saw me helping him", he said.

Nicole shook her head. "...I need one time alone", she said as she walked into the house.

Jakobi sighed.

TO BE CONTINUED....