Chapter 19

A week had past since everything had happened and Nicole was trying to be her better self, but every time she looked at him, it just made her angry all over again. She didn't expect for him to do something like that to her. He was kind to her, he seemed so chill and cool but really he was nothing but cruel.

Nicole got out of Elijah's car after he opened the door for her.

"Text me when you get in the room", he said.

Nicole nods and begins to walk away.

"Hey", he said as he grabbed her arm.

Nicole looked at him.

"Fix your attitude. I don't have time for your friend questioning me again", he said.

Nicole looked away.

"Iight?", he asked.

"Okay", Nicole replied.

Elijah let go of her arm and Nicole walked away.

As she walked toward the building, her phone began ringing. She looked at her phone and it was her dad.

She sighed and answered the phone. "Hey dad", she said in her normal voice.

"Hey, Nic. I was thinking that for Fall break you and KJ could come down here", he said.

"umm.. okay", she said.

"What? You don't wanna spend time with ya old man?", he asked.

"I didn't say that dad", Nicole replied.

"I'm just joking Nicole", Josh said. "You good?"

"I'm fine", Nicole said. "Just tired"

"Oh..well take a nap then. I'll catch you later", he said. "I love you"

"Okay", Nicole replied. "I love you too"

"Bye", Josh said before he hung up.

Nicole put her phone in her pocket and walked into the building. When she got into her room, Makayla was doing her makeup.

"Hey", Nicole said.

"Hey", Makayla replied.

"...can I ask you something?", Nicole asked.

"Sure", Makayla said as she looked at Nicole and stopped doing her makeup.

Nicole put her purse down and sat at her desk. "Well first I wanna say that since being your roommate, I have seen that you've changed, but hopefully it isn't a front", she said.

"It's not", Makayla said. "What I did was fucked up...petty and for no reason"

Nicole looked down. "It's something going on in my life right now and I don't know what to do about it. It's like I want to open up about it but I don't know what the consequences would be"

Makayla was quiet for a moment. "...what happened?", she asked.

Nicole looked at her. "Nothing new", she replied.

"Nicole...you can tell me", Makayla said.

"I don't know if I should", Nicole said.

Makayla looked Nicole up and down to read her body language. "Well...do whatever your mind or heart tells you to do the most", Makayla said.

Nicole nods as she looks to the side. "Thanks", Nicole said.

Makayla began doing her makeup again. "Everything okay with you and Elijah?", she asked.