Chapter 29

That night, Asia stand up all night crying and Josh stayed with her. As he comforted her, he wondered if he caused her this much pain when she thought that he was dead.

The morning came and Kim came downstairs with Raelynn. She saw Asia laying down on the couch with her head on Josh's lap and was confused.

"Um good morning?", Kim said questionably. "Everything okay?"

Asia sat up and looked down. "Sit down Kim", Asia said.

Kim made a face. "I'm going to late for the bus", she said as she sat down.

"I don't think you'll want to go to school today", Asia said.

"What's going on?", Kim asked.

Asia looked at Josh.

"I can tell her if you want", Josh said.

"No", Asia said. "I will"

Kim chuckles a little but in a nervous way. "Wait, you guys are trying to prank me right because y'all look like somebody just died", Kim said.

Asia looked down and so did Josh for a moment.

Kim stood up. "Where my dad?", Kim asked.

"Kim please sit down", Asia said.

Nicole began walking downstairs with KJ.

Kim started to get scared. "What happened?!", Kim questioned. "Is he alright?"

Asia shook her head. "I'm sorry Kim but your dad was murdered", asia said.

Kim was quiet. She didnt know what to say or what she hearing. She just wanted everything to be a dream.

"What?", Nicole asked. "No"

Josh stood up and walked to Nicole. "Nicole-"

"This is my fault again", Nicole said. "This is why I didn't want anybody to know"

"Nicole stop", Josh said. "This is not your fault"

Nicole began crying and she put her head in Josh's chest as he held her.

Kim sat in the chair with her face in her hands, crying.

Asia walks to her and rubbed Kim's back.

"Why? He told me he was never going to leave me", Kim said.

"I know baby. He said the same to me but...unfortunately we don't determine our final breath", Asia said. "And I'm so sorry"

Kim got up and went upstairs.

Asia watched her and sat back down on the couch. She looked at Josh and Nicole.

"Nicole this is not your fault", Asia said.

Nicole pulled away from Josh. "I'm tired of hearing that", Nicole said.

"Hungry", Raelynn said.

Asia got up and picked Raelynn up.

"We'll talk about this in a minute", Asia said as she walked to the kitchen.

Nicole looked at Josh.

"How did it happen?", Nicole asked.

"...it's my fault. I blacked out, I almost got shot and he blocked me from the bullet", Josh said. "He um... he died in my hands"

Nicole looked down. "What about everybody else? Elijah and his boys?"

Josh shook his head. "Just know that you don't have to worry about him or them anymore", Josh said.