Chapter 51

When Nicole and Josh got back home from work. Everybody was in the house and Asia was currently fussing at Jakobi.

"That is one thing, I never wanted you to do in life and you know that! You knew how I felt about that illegal, gang shit!", Asia shouted. "You're so hard headed!"

"What's going on?", Josh asked.

"Tell him", Asia said.

"When I got to Georgia I needed a way to make money...so I got involved with these people but I wanted out because Clarissa got pregnant. So I came back here and got help with that. They told me that they'd handle my business in Georgia if I agreed to kill somebody for them", Jakobi said. "They did their part, but I didn't do mine"

"And what is your part?", Asia asked. "Who are you supposed to kill"

"I didn't know who it was when I agreed to it", Jakobi said.

"Who was it?", Josh asked.

"...you", Jakobi said.

Josh made face. "Wait what?", Josh asked. "Why?"

"He wouldn't tell me", Jakobi said. "...that's honestly the real reason I've been acting that way toward you. I didn't- I didn't know what to do"

"So you were thinking about killing me?", Josh asked.

"No", Jakobi said. "I've been trying to find a way not. A way I can get out of it"

"You can't do that with these guys Kobi. It's either you do it or you don't", Josh said. "You didn't ask for all the details and you should have before you agreed to it"

"So what am I supposed to do?", Jakobi asked.

"I guess you gotta do what you agreed to because if not everybody else is on the line", Josh said.

"Josh?", Asia said.

"Dad, are you serious right now?", Nicole asked.

"No, we're not doing this", Asia said. "I refuse to loose you again, there needs to be another way"

"It's not alright. This guy knows about you and Nicole and I'm not about to be the reason anything happens to you guys", Josh said.

"You're not the reason because Jakobi is!", Nicole said.

"Now, Nicole -"

Nicole ignored Asia and got in Jakobi's face.

"I love you but you were better off gone", Nicole said. "Everything was fine when you weren't here! Everything is always fine when you weren't around"

"Nicole stop", Josh said.

"No. I get it. You take up for Jakobi because he's another you and you just want him to be better but he's wrong! Mistake or not. He's wrong", Nicole said. "And now you wanna let him kill you? And knowing you, you'll kill yourself if you have to"

"I'll do anything to protect y'all", Josh said.

"Yes and that's why I love you but we aren't kids anymore. Jakobi needs to learn", Nicole said. "After Jamal died, I realized that parents aren't meant to be here forever. I mean I knew that but at any time you guys can go and if I don't start doing better now, how can I do better when you guys leave? Not only that but I'm a parent myself", Nicole said. "Jakobi needs to realize the same"

"I do realize that", Jakobi said.

"If you did...dad's life wouldn't be on the line and neither would yours. You would think after you looked death in the eyes you'd calm down...but no. You didn't", Nicole said.