Chapter 24

Later that night, Tre got home and got in his bed. He pulled out the tape recorder and listened to it. As he listened to the conversation between Marcus and Nicole anger grew over his body. He got up and called Nicole.

"Hello?", Nicole answered.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?", Tre asked with his voice filled with anger.

"What are you talking about?", Nicole asked. "And don't even come at me like that"

"Nicole you're asking favors from the same guy that raped you?", Tre asked.

"...how did you know about that?", Nicole asked.

"Don't worry how. I just know", Tre said.

"Tre- "

Tre cut her off by hanging up.

Nicole looked at her phone and began to think. She thought about how Marcus said that the person who was helping him went to her school and she didn't even understand why a person she didn't know would even care to help her. Unless, the person was somebody she did know. Unless the person was Tre.

Nicole called Tre back and he didn't answer. She called him again and he didn't answer again. She quickly got up and walked into her dad's room.

"Hey dad. Can I use your car? I need to get some girly stuff", Nicole said.

"TMI, Nicole. Go ahead", Josh said.

"Thanks", Nicole said as she grabbed his keys and left.

———————————-

Nicole pulled up to Tre's mom's house but Tre's car wasn't there. Nicole ran her hands through her hair and got in her phone. When about to FaceTime him, she accidentally hit info in the messages and realized they were still sharing locations. Nicole sat that he was in a park and it was 10 minutes away so she drove there.

————————————————

Around 10 minutes later she got to the location and she saw Marcus and a guy in all black and in hoodie. He was pointing a gun at Marcus and Nicole slowly got out the car. It was nothing else around because it was really late. Suddenly, the gun shot went over and Nicole quickly covered her mouth as she saw Marcus fall to the ground. The person in the hoodie looked around and he looked at Nicole for a moment. She could've see his face but she had a feeling of who he was. The guy walked away and Nicole quickly got back into the car. She was panicking as she started it back up and drove away. She didn't wanna believe it was Tre because that was so unlike him but...it was him.

Once Nicole got back home she sat in the car for a moment. She was still in shock. She didn't understand what had gotten into him. He was never like this. Nicole got out of the car and suddenly, she heard somebody call her name.

"Nicole", they said.

Nicole looked back and it was Tre.

Nicole walked to him quickly. "What the fuck is wrong with you?", she asked crying. "And you stupid?!"

"Not as dumb as you for talking to this dude. Asking him to do things for you like what he did was right", Tre asked.

"But you going and killing him?", she whispered. "That's worst"

"Don't tell me what's worst...you wanted Elijah dead", Tre said. "Are you mad at me for shooting Marcus or are you mad because he couldn't get to Elijah first?"