Chapter 56

It's been a couple of days since Nicole found out Elijah was still alive. She hadn't really talked to Jakobi that much and she didn't tell anyone that he did it. Her dreams were even worst than before, she didn't sleep much last night.

"Nicole, what's wrong with you?", Josh asked.

"Nothing, dad", Nicole said.

Jakobi looked at her.

"Walking around here all tired and shit. You better not be pregnant", he said.

Nicole rolled her eyes.

"Are you?", Josh asked.

"No, dad", Nicole said as she got up from the couch.

"Better not be", Josh said.

Nicole walked upstairs to her room.

Jakobi looked at Clarissa and Clarissa got up and followed her.

"You know what's wrong with Nicole?", Josh asked.

Jakobi shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know", Jakobi said.

__

(WITH NICOLE AND CLARISSA)

"Hey", Clarissa said.

"Hey", Nicole replied.

"Kobi told me what he did", Clarissa said as she sat in the bed.

"Yea", Nicole said.

"He didn't mean anything bad by it", Clarissa said. "I guess that in the moment he was thinking about if he was in that predicament"

"What would you have done?", Nicole asked.

"I don't know. I never killed anybody in my life", Clarissa said.

"Neither have I", Nicole said.

"But my decision would be based on what would happen to my life... and my life is my daughter", she said. "In a moment like that, I would do anything Ive never done for her"

"I guess his sister doesn't have that same level motivation", Nicole said.

"I'm not saying that what Jakobi did was right or wrong because I don't know but-"

"At this point it isn't about Jakobi anymore. It's about me and my safety. KJ's safety, my boyfriend, my dad, my mom...everybody", Nicole said. "I can barely sleep, I've barely ate, one reason is because I had to kill something of my own and another reason is because I'm scared for my life"

Clarissa was quiet.

"Just because I'm free to be care free now...doesn't mean I'm going to feel the same way when I go back to New York", Nicole said.

Josh came into the room and Clarissa and Nicole looked at him.

"Sorry. Tre's here", Josh said.

Nicole got up and walked out the room.

Josh looked at Clarissa then walked downstairs. Clarissa went downstairs as well.

Nicole walked outside with Tre.

"What are you doing here?", Nicole asked.

"You been ignoring me", Tre said.

"I haven't", Nicole said.

"What you mean? I been getting these dry ass text messages, and you not wanting to be on the phone", Tre said.

"Please don't start this", Nicole said.