Chapter 23

The next day, Nicole let Tre have KJ for the day so that he can meet his other side of the family.

"So, you sure you don't wanna come along?", Tre asked.

"Yea, I'm fine. You and KJ should have some alone time anyway", she said.

Tre nods as he studies Nicole. He could tell that she was hiding something.

"So, are you going to be okay by yourself?", Tre asked.

"Yea? Why wouldn't I?", Nicole asked as she looked up at him.

"Nothing", Tre said. "Well, I guess I'll see you later"

"Take good care of my baby", Nicole said.

"Of course", Tre said.

Tre took KJ's hand. "Come on. We're gonna eat all the ice cream and stay up all night telling scary stories", Tre said jokingly to get Nicole to smile.

Nicole chuckles. "Shut up", she said.

Tre smiles at her as he walks out with KJ.

Nicole shuts the door behind him and walks to the window. The blinds were open so Nicole watched and waited for Tre to pull off.

Tre put KJ into the car and began fasten him in his car seat.

"Ya know. Mommy thinks daddy is dumb but what she doesn't know is..he isn't anymore", Tre said as he shut the door and got in the driver's seat and pulled off.

Nicole walked from the window and call someone. She called the same guy she saw at the kick back when she went with Danielle. She wanted him to do her favor and handle Elijah but she didn't know if she was making the right decision by asking him but she felt she had no choice.

"Hello", he said.

"Hey, it's Nicole", she said.

"Yea. I know. I have your number saved in my phone", he said.

Nicole sighed. "...so, can you do it for me or not?", she asked.

"Yea. Especially because I owe you a lot", he said. "Listen... what I did that night to you...I can't speak for all of us when I saw this but I am really really sorry"

"I don't wanna hear it. I just want the favor and please", Nicole said.

"Right", he replied. "But I got you. Me and my homeboy on it"

"This homeboy wouldn't happen to be one of the guys who raped me too?", she asked.

"No. He just helping because he goes to school with you and Elijah", he said.

"..he does? And you told him my business?", Nicole asked.

"No, but he was willing to help", he replied.

"...Marcus don't make me regret this", Nicole said.

"Listen, before I did what I did to you. I was good friends with your brother. So this is not just for you. I owe it to him", Marcus replied.

"...just tell me when you get things done. I don't wanna go down memory lane. I'm trying my hardest not to think about what yall did to me that night", Nicole said.