Chapter 13

The next day Nicole was walking to the cafe and a guy came up to her.

"What's up?", he asked.

"What's up", Nicole replied.

"You mad cute", he said. "What's your name?"

"Becky", Nicole replied.

The dude chuckled. "Come on for real", he said.

Nicole stopped walking and so did the guy. "You know what. Before this conversation goes any further, what are your intentions?"

"What do you mean?", he asked.

"Like what you want? A relationship, another hoe, just wanna fuck, what?", she asked. "I don't have any time for childish games if that's the case"

"Damn. I like a woman who ain't scared to put her foot down", he said. "I'm Elijah"

"...yet, you still ain't answer my question", she said.

"I'm not the type of dude that'll play you. That ain't my speed. I'm young and right now I'm not looking for a soulmate to be honest with you but if I find one then so be it", Elijah said. "Would I like to get to know you? Yes. I'm just the type of person that determines his relationship with somebody based on feelings. If I'm feeling a girl then I'll cuff her or at least try to...but if I'm not then.. well we stay friends"

"...well at least you were honest", Nicole said.

" honesty is the best policy right?", he asked with a smile.

Nicole smiles a little. "Yes. Honesty is the best policy", she replied. "My name is Nicole by the way"

He nods. "You heading to class?", he asked.

"Cafe. Meeting my friend", she replied.

"Alright, that's what's up. I don't wanna hold you, but can I get your number?", he asked.

Nicole started to say yes but then she realized that Tre and her were still working on things. "...maybe another time", she said.

"...oh...well alright. That's cool. I'll just see you around?", he said.

Nicole nods.

Elijah winks at her and walks away.

Nicole smiles and shakes her head as she walks to the cafe. Once she got there, she said Danielle waving to let Nicole know where she was sitting. Nicole walked to table after scanning her ID.

"What took you so long", Danielle asked.

"Got held up. I'm about to get my food", Nicole said.

"Okay. Hurry up cause I got the tea for you and let me tell you this shit hotter than a muthafucka", Danielle said.

Nicole chuckles as she walks away. As she walks to one of the lines she sees Tre coming from the soda fountain. He walks up to her.

"What's up?", he asked.

"Hey", Nicole said.

"I called you last night. I get if you was sleeping but damn no text or call today?", he asked.

"Tre, sorry I was busy", Nicole said.

"Busy what? Being caked up?", he asked.

"Excuse me?", Nicole asked.

"A little birdy told me you was talking to some dude just now and you was looking really impressed", he said.

"Who told you that?", she asked with a confused look.

"Don't matter. Were you?", Tre asked.

"I don't appreciate you questioning me like we together", Nicole said.

"Okay so that brings me to my next question. Are we even going to be?", he asked.

"I don't have time for this", Nicole said as she started to walk away.

Tre walked with her. "Nicole you need to cut it out. I dealt with this in high school with the mix signals and shit. I'm not doing it again", he said.

"What? You afraid you're going to look stupid, like I did when you left me in the dust with a baby?", she asked as she stopped walking.

Tre didn't say anything for moment. "You know what Nicole...if you're going to keep bringing that up, I don't wanna be together at all", he said.

Nicole made a face. She was surprised he even said that, she didn't want him to say actually. She did wanna be with him but her hurt and pain won't let her. "...fine. Then don't", she said before she walked away.

Tre stood there with a confused look in his face. He couldn't believe she just said that to him. He shook his head and walked back to the table.

Nicole got in line and got her food and drink then walked to the table.

"Okay you ready?", Danielle asked.

"Nah. I don't feel like talking", Nicole said.

Danielle stops smiling and becomes concerned. "What's wrong?", she asked.

Nicole shook her head. "Nothing. Males are just a species I can't rock with", she said.

"What did Tre do now?", Danielle asked.

"Nothing... I just don't know what I want honestly. I don't wanna take him back and end of... angry again. I've been angry since I was a kid...when I met him in high school he made me happy... when he did what he did and instead of being angry I was depressed. I wanted to come here and meet new people and be happy...not the people who tore me down", she said.

Danielle went from looking sad as Nicole told her story to smiling a little. "Well at least you met me", Danielle said.

Nicole smiles a little before she takes a bite of her pizza and nods.

"But... I feel at least everybody deserves a second chance. Well, if they deserve one, of course", Danielle added.

"Well he had one", Nicole said.

"Yes. He lied. But I see why...he just saw you again and he wanted to do anything to get on your good side. Lying wasnt the answer, but I see why he did it. At least he didn't lie about one thing", Danielle said.

"What?", Nicole asked.

"That he actually likes. What I wanted to tell you was that he Shy was flirting with him and he basically shot her down everytime", Danielle said.

"How do you find out this stuff?", Nicole asked.

"I was in the library. I think that she asked if you was single to see if you and Tre was dating", Danielle said.

Nicole began to think. "So that's why she was looking at me when I was with him", Nicole said.

Danielle nods.

Nicole shakes her head. "But umm...I know. After having my brother died and after having KJ, I've been do focus on becoming better me", she said.

"Well... no need to do that by yourself. If you have more people.. good and genuine people backing you than you can become stronger than ever", Danielle said.

Nicole smiles a little. "Ya know... I'm glad I met you", she said.

Danielle smiled. "Same here", Danielle replied.

Danielle and Nicole ate and when they were done they went to class.

TO BE CONTINUED....