t w e n t y t w o

Tina P.O.V.

I moved as soon as I managed to gain control over my body and made my way backstage again. The boys were going to hang out and be here until the ball drops. I was to wait for them before we got ready to get back to Korea, together. 

My thoughts were keeping me in a gaze. I was attempting to weigh out all the pros and cons of me staying around and me going back to Michigan. I'm constantly battling with myself to decide whether to go with my head or my heart. 

I've always gone by my brain's flow since I stopped trusting my heart all those years ago. But this incessant heavy beating in my chest still hasn't slowed down since we made eye contact. 

It was one of the only moments in my life that time stopped. If only we could have had a New Year's kiss together. 

Oh God no. 

I can feel myself choosing a side, but would it be the right choice. I put all my thoughts away when I got backstage and saw—

"Sejin?" I laughed, "What are you doing here?" 

We ran to hug each other. I was so happy to see a familiar face away from the drama.

"You're really asking me that?" He smiled as he kept his arms around my back, "How drunk were you when you left me the voicemail?"

Oh my God, the voicemail. I completely forgot about that.

"Actually, I think I was pretty drunk when I left you that."

"And maniacally crying." We laughed as we spoke, thankfully making light of my hysterics.

"Yeah, I'm pretty embarrassed, but still," We backed away from each other, "Why did you come instead of returning my call?"

"Well, I'm here to take over for you. Considering it didn't even take two weeks for you and Jimin to want to kill each other, I decided I'd find a replacement for me since it would be hard to replace you."

I was shocked at his sudden appearance to relieve me of my duties, but I didn't know if I was necessarily happy about it.

"Sejin, I know I was so frantic on the phone, but I don't know if I'm ready to go yet." I admitted.

"How did I know this was going to happen? It's as if nothing has changed. Come on, let's get something to drink while we wait for the boys to finish."

"A drink would be wonderful, I've been so nervous today." I sighed in relief. Maybe I could talk things through with Sejin.

"I meant something like hot chocolate, but whatever works I guess." He laughed as he shrugged his shoulders. 

He grabbed my hand as we attempted to make our way through the thick crowd. It felt like all of New York was gathered around for this show tonight so it was hard to get through, but it was an absolutely gorgeous night. 

I was looking through the people and lights as Sejin was leading us through the crowds. To add to my countless luck, I looked to the stage where I saw the boys hanging out with hosts, artists, and then my eyes made the mistake of seeing his face again. 

This time, our gazes locked and I was appreciating his beauty from far below. The intense look in his eyes as he was staring me down. Why did he look so tense? His eyes starting gazing in front of me as I was moving, while I'm holding hands with Sejin. 

What even is my life right now?

I decided to brush it off, he couldn't care that it was Sejin of all people.