t w e n t y s e v e n

Tina P.O.V.

Every step I took walking with Jimin down the stairs was making me uneasy. I was shocked and loving the ring he got me, yes, but he still never explained why he stood there like a baby gazelle in front of Seulgi when she was going off on me or threw his ring across the room. 

It was somewhat infuriating. I don't need someone to defend me; I never have needed someone, but it was stinging to think that he would never choose between me and Seulgi.

It's almost as if I'm going through the same circle with this situation. I don't even know if I feel bad for Jimin anymore. I know everything he went through before because of me, but it seems like now I'm getting it all back. 

I don't know how much more I'm going to deal with. And the more I'm with Jimin, the more I just want to be myself and let myself fall into old habits with him. I miss him loving me as me. Whether it was a friendship or more or whatever, I just wanted it all back, but how can I do it? 

Maybe I could talk to Taehyung and see what he thinks. If I'm going to risk something as big and stupid as this, I would need all the help I could get. But for now, until I think this whole thing through, I'd have to do my best to not slip up.

Jimin P.O.V.

Tina became very quiet when we were going back down to her room. She just kept staring at her ring not saying anything. Does she not like it? 

No, it couldn't be that. 

She doesn't seem like the type to be bothered by something as trivial as that. No, there was something bigger that was bothering her. 

We got to her room in continued silence. It was eerie and unsettling. I wanted to know what she was thinking. She walked over to the drawer and pulled my ring out, taking another look at it before turning to me and holding out her hand which contained my ring. 

She wouldn't look at me; she kept her eyes down as to avoid making eye contact with me and I couldn't take it anymore. What is she thinking? What is she hiding?

"What's on your mind?" I finally broke our silence by asking as she dropped the ring in my palm.

"Nothing to worry about." 

Why was she keeping her problems away from me? Why did I know that she was keeping something from me? It's almost too familiar. 

There may have been the slightest sense that she reminded of the girl I once knew, but the feeling I was getting through every déjà vu moment with Tina was sending my body to another world. It was scaring me.

"Tina—"

"Jimin." 

Of course, she'd keep this going. She really didn't want to talk about it. I know from past mistakes what that can do to two people.

"Fine." I told her handing back the ring she just gave me, "I'm not taking this back until you tell me."

She held the ring and looked back at me in confusion. I never pushed my Tina to talk when she didn't want to. We used to just be open and honest with each other, but when I started dating Seulgi, Tina almost never wanted to talk about things. 

The memory was sending me through a wave of nausea. Just who is this girl and why does she remind me so much of my old friend? It couldn't be her because there would be no reason for her not to tell me. I can't just assume that. 

It would be crazy to think that I—I slept with Tina? The thought was quickly removed from my mind.

"How do you feel about Seulgi?" She said it so quietly, I couldn't think of anything else besides focusing and processing what she was asking.